DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sun Up Sun Down

Under the Hyperlapse intelligence flight modes icon, t is my intention to try waypoints, but so far, all I have NOT had the balls to try anything past "FREE." Free only allows 125 exposures per hyperlapse. I am most happy to try waypoints, but this would not let me film a setting or rising sun.
Haha-- I haven't yet tried "FREE" ! I have been playing with sunset and sunrise waypoint hyper lapses and have done 4 of them. Here is the first one from my backyard and apologies because I cant remember the number of frames. Subsequent efforts have been a bit better, but I have just ordered a gradient ND filter which I think will help. I'm not sure if this suits what your are after or not.

Reactions: Dale D
Haha-- I haven't yet tried "FREE" ! I have been playing with sunset and sunrise waypoint hyper lapses and have done 4 of them. Here is the first one from my backyard and apologies because I cant remember the number of frames. Subsequent efforts have been a bit better, but I have just ordered a gradient ND filter which I think will help. I'm not sure if this suits what your are after or not.

To attention of.Mintakax:

That was really nice! I loved what you did but I immediately have questions? Your clip was only 11 seconds long. At 24 frames per second, 24 x 11 seconds= 264 frames. This was not nearly enough to capture the setting (or a rising) sun. Your clip was only a tantalizing sample of what I need. I need a full bore sunset, from full orb right above the horizon (or even a bit higher) , to a complete disappearance behind the horizon or mountain, and even darkness. I would estimate that would be almost double or triple the frames needed, or 22 seconds, meaning 528 frames for double, and triple 264=792 frames. This would require bringing the drone down for battery replacement. (If you use a different frame rate like 30, it is even more frames needed).

So your clip is the closest I have seen over the past 4-5 weeks of my quest for the answer, including You Tube searches.

The second problem I have is that I am not out in the country and wide open spaces. I am in a congested city (Miami) and I cannot possibly fly for 25 minutes, probably out of line of sight that long. I spend every summer in there wide open spaces of Montana where I fully intend to fly that far but not for now.

Dale

To attention of.Mintakax:

That was really nice! I loved what you did but I immediately have questions? Your clip was only 11 seconds long. At 24 frames per second, 24 x 11 seconds= 264 frames. This was not nearly enough to capture the setting (or a rising) sun. Your clip was only a tantalizing sample of what I need. I need a full bore sunset, from full orb right above the horizon (or even a bit higher) , to a complete disappearance behind the horizon or mountain, and even darkness. I would estimate that would be almost double or triple the frames needed, or 22 seconds, meaning 528 frames for double, and triple 264=792 frames. This would require bringing the drone down for battery replacement. (If you use a different frame rate like 30, it is even more frames needed).

So your clip is the closest I have seen over the past 4-5 weeks of my quest for the answer, including You Tube searches.

The second problem I have is that I am not out in the country and wide open spaces. I am in a congested city (Miami) and I cannot possibly fly for 25 minutes, probably out of line of sight that long. I spend every summer in there wide open spaces of Montana where I fully intend to fly that far but not for now.

Dale
Yes, it is a time issue isn't it ? The battery change would certainly interrupt the video flow. I'll be doing a lot of sunset and sunrise hyperlapses and if I stumble upon a 2 battery method I'll let you know !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest