DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunken Sailboat (with an attempt at some humor)

I understand the humor and see it. I like the humor. One of my favorite parts of editing, is finding the right song for the situation. Job well done. The video itself was well flown as well. Nicely done, all the way around. Pun intended.

Very cool vid and music was very appropriate too.
Any background info on this odd resting place and the boat itself?

Its in the California delta. Its away from any major traffic the only reason to go where its at would be if you were bass fishing. I wish I would have filmed it when it was afloat. It kind of reminded me of a pirate ship but I didn't give it much thought at the time. The delta is full of sunken boats and unfinished projects. Lots of broken dreams that were originally big plans but reality set in and they wasted away. I suspect that this may have been one of them. You can still see oil leaking up out of it.

OK thanks for that info. I saw the oil patches.
I'm surprised the state hasn't made the owner of the boat take care of that and remove any fuel or oil from the boat.

I'm sure they would if they could. But then someone would have to complain and then someone would have to figure out who the owner actually is. Not an easy task, I'm sure they scraped off the registration numbers before they scuttled it so you cant say who's boat it is. BTW I cross the delta as I go back and forth to work and yesterday I took a detour across one of the islands to check out some of the lesser known back water marinas etc. I saw no less than 3 sunken boats and a few other interesting things to film so when I get a day off I'm going to get some more video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78