DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 SUNRISE - Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, New York City | PRELUDE TO SOMETHING BIGGER | Project Arjun

projectarjun

Reactions

Pilot Log: It was less than 24 hours ago, that I embarked on filming one of the greatest sunsets ever for my YouTube channel. This morning, coincidentally, I filmed one of best sunrises and it came with a perk - The City of New York. Filming began at the peak of dawn and the intensity of light only got bigger as time went on. As the fog slowly disappeared, things began to be clearer. Conditions were perfect despite the earlier fog - many notable landmarks were visible. Flushing Meadows Corona Park has one of the five sites in which UAV owners can fly within the confines of New York City legally. Would like to thank the FAA for approving my LAANCE Request. This flight was low-altitude and safety and precaution were followed. There were many close calls with bird-strikes as you will notice throughout this flight. The title for this films fits perfectly for future videos to come. Stay tuned more surprises. Additional Comments: In 2014, I stumbled across Above & Beyond and enjoyed, Prelude. Finally, I am able to utilize their track for my films - Prelude complements the sunrise perfectly. Technical: Again, flying the DJI Air 3 and filming using both standard and telephoto lens is very convenient especially in tightly-regulated Airspace - filmed using DLOG-M. A LUT was applied in Post - thanks to DMProVisuals. A UV filter was installed prior to the flight. Filming Location: Flushing Meadows Corona Park, Queens, New York Filming Date: Saturday, December 9, 2023There are an overwhelming number of landmarks (both historic and non-historic) to be pointed out throughout this film such as: - Forest Hills High School- Unisphere- World's Fair Pavilion [Closed Permanently - Men in Black was filmed here]- City Field (Home of the New York Mets) - Arthur Ash Stadium (Home of the US Open) - Whitestone Bridge- Empire State Building- One Bryant Park - Emerging Supertalls in Manhattan- Grand Central Parkway- Long Island Expressive (Interstate 475) - Van Wyck Expressway / Whitestone Expressive (Interstate 678) Notable Neighborhoods Highlighted in Film: - Flushing, Queens, NY - Forest Hills, Queens, NY - Fresh Meadows, Queens, NY - Kew Gardens, Queens NY - Kew Gardens Hills, Queens, NYViewer Tips: Watch in 4K, wear headphones, and sit back and relax. | Project Arjun | FAA Part 107 Certified Follow Me on Instagram @ project_arjun

Last edited:
Wonderful.

A bit off topic but does anyone know why a video like this, shot in 4K, starts out in low quality in Youtube for about 15 seconds and then full quality starts. I am using Windows 11.

The reason I ask is I used to bail out of these videos thinking the quality was bad until I realized it was Youtube and the not the videographer.

Reactions: projectarjun
Wonderful.

A bit off topic but does anyone know why a video like this, shot in 4K, starts out in low quality in Youtube for about 15 seconds and then full quality starts. I am using Windows 11.

The reason I ask is I used to bail out of these videos thinking the quality was bad until I realized it was Youtube and the not the videographer.
YouTube seems to just behave that way. It actively downloads the first few seconds of video at lower bandwidth then restores full quality after the video has completely downloaded on your computer. Wireless latency can also be a factor both on ISP or Wireless carrier.

Reactions: mavictk
Brilliant and uplifting video. A lot of work post I’d reckon but super music too for a vibrant beautiful City. Is that baseball stadium in the distance?
Thanks you @twickers14
In the distance there is Citi Field, baseball stadium home to the New York Mets
Also, there is Arthur Ash Stadium home to the US Open

Last edited:
Reactions: twickers14
Great Video! Some of the fog shots through leafless trees reminded me of Phantom of the Opera! Having lived in Flushing for a number of years, I recognized everything. Thanks for the memories!

I thought the entire NYC was a no fly zone. How do I get a list of the 5 UAV friendly sites?
I'm definitely headed there to capture the Unisphere and '63 Worlds Fair NY Pavilion!

Gotta watch it a few more times!

Great Video! Some of the fog shots through leafless trees reminded me of Phantom of the Opera! Having lived in Flushing for a number of years, I recognized everything. Thanks for the memories!

I thought the entire NYC was a no fly zone. How do I get a list of the 5 UAV friendly sites?
I'm definitely headed there to capture the Unisphere and '63 Worlds Fair NY Pavilion!

Gotta watch it a few more times!
Currently there are only 4 sites. The fifth site is currently off limits as it is currently housing migrants.

The 4 sites are as follows,
- Flushing Meadows Corona Park
- Forest Park
- Calvert Vox Park
- La Tourette Park

“No Drone” signs are posted at the Unisphere, which is why you would want to fly a drone with a telephoto lens to get close up from a safe distance. You will need to take off right next to the AMA field.

Definitely get a LAANCE authorization approval before taking flight In busy air space

Last edited:
wow! the ending scene with the fly away, the way you captured the birds passing by amongst the fog was beautiful! I also looooove Anjuna Beats o_O
Thank you for your feedback. Anjunabeats for the win! :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas