DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Sunrise Over The Lagoon l Vietnam

mattcoq

Reactions
Hi everyone,

During our stay in central Vietnam, we stayed in a resort on the Cao Hai Lagoon in the Phu Loc District ...

Our bungalow was above the water and faced the east, having this special moment every morning, the sun rising from behind the distant hills and reflecting in the fresh water of the lagoon.

So peaceful, so relaxing - No better way to start a day ...

Enjoy this moment, that I shot with my Mavic 2 Pro ...

60 seconds of relaxation ...

Matt

During our stay in central Vietnam, we stayed in a resort on the Cao Hai Lagoon in the Phu Loc District ...
Our bungalow was above the water and faced the east, having this special moment every morning, the sun rising from behind the distant hills and reflecting in the fresh water of the lagoon.
Great video, love the reflections on the water

Reactions: mattcoq
Hi everyone,

So peaceful, so relaxing - No better way to start a day ...

Enjoy this moment, that I shot with my Mavic 2 Pro ...

60 seconds of relaxation ...

Matt

Very nice. No problems from the Vietnamese authorities then with flying a drone, unlike some countries I could mention?

Reactions: mattcoq
Very nice. No problems from the Vietnamese authorities then with flying a drone, unlike some countries I could mention?

Well, how to say ...

I should have got a licence when flying in Vietnam when we went there in January 2019 ...

I had a Phantom 4 Pro+ at that time, and heard that at some airports they scanned carry on bags and "confiscated" until you leave the country your drone if you didn't have the paper work ...

For example, at that time, we were flying to Danang, our final destination ... If we had arrived there through an international flight, it would have been the case ... But arriving in Danang, via a domestic flight coming through Hanoi, there wasn't any checks ...

But to limit the risk, when passing my bag in a scanner on arrival, I purchased a M2P so that it wouldn't appear as clearly on the screen with the batteries scattered in different other bags ...

For the flight themselves, knowing that I should have a license, I decide to proceed as such :

- Avoid crowded places where I take off / land
- Pre-plan my flight so I just needed one battery to do what I wanted and once the drone came back, pack up everything and leave
- Gut feeling of the environnement and possibilities of being caught

Managed to get several flights, two in populated areas, HoiAn and Hué, but all others were in remote places, where no one was to be seen ...

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
When you say "licence" I presume you mean one from the Vietnamese authorities, as the UK didn't require any form of licence to fly nor registration until November 2019.
Well, how to say ...

I should have got a licence when flying in Vietnam when we went there in January 2019 ...

I had a Phantom 4 Pro+ at that time, and heard that at some airports they scanned carry on bags and "confiscated" until you leave the country your drone if you didn't have the paper work ...

For example, at that time, we were flying to Danang, our final destination ... If we had arrived there through an international flight, it would have been the case ... But arriving in Danang, via a domestic flight coming through Hanoi, there wasn't any checks ...

But to limit the risk, when passing my bag in a scanner on arrival, I purchased a M2P so that it wouldn't appear as clearly on the screen with the batteries scattered in different other bags ...

For the flight themselves, knowing that I should have a license, I decide to proceed as such :

- Avoid crowded places where I take off / land
- Pre-plan my flight so I just needed one battery to do what I wanted and once the drone came back, pack up everything and leave
- Gut feeling of the environnement and possibilities of being caught

Managed to get several flights, two in populated areas, HoiAn and Hué, but all others were in remote places, where no one was to be seen ...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada