DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunrise, sunset (share photos your shots from the morning and evening hours...)

Use this thread to post interesting sunrise or sunset pictures. Try to note which drone / location / image information.

Tonight's sunset directly above the house (Knoxville, TN). 6-image panorama (single layer), stitched in Lightroom, Mavic 2 Pro. It would have been nicer if the trees were already turning but... maybe in a couple of weeks?

View attachment 49412
How can I post a photo here please ?........ I don't know how to do that.

Overlooking Lake Allatoona, GA.
September 15, 2018
The remnants of Hurricane Florence had just passed.
Taken with a Mavic Air

168a36f77b63ef68cbe00610ab3f9e70.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Porky
I’m flying tonight, all things charged & ready to go. Just hope I get a decent sunset pic to upload here.

Again I’m like a big kid with a new toy, roll on a couple of hours:D:D

How can I post a photo here please ?........ I don't know how to do that.

@2X25MPG

All you need to do is scroll to the bottom on the thread, see pic below.

A4252894-6387-4ACF-9B50-068ADB319536.png

Type your message in the “message box” ( don’t have to if you don’t wanna)
Then look at the bottom of the message box you will see “attach files” press that button then you will see the next pic.

A4252894-6387-4ACF-9B50-068ADB319536.png

Locate your photo you want to post, press it then tap done, top right hand corner.

The photo will load then you’ll get this screen asking to insert “thumbnail/full image, see pic below

1B52AB61-A693-42FB-8567-295F9AED8A77.png
Then just press “post reply”

That’s it;)
This is for iOS users but I would say it’s very similar for android.

Hope this helpsThumbswayupThumbswayup

Attachments

• D2909662-E35F-4B23-BFFD-104FA11D6BC6.png
    D2909662-E35F-4B23-BFFD-104FA11D6BC6.png
    1,021.4 KB · Views: 9
Today was a good

I see

Yep totally enjoyed myself last night. I had the wife running round the field (keep fit nut) while I was flying. 1st time I’ve taking the Mavic in the air at dusk when landing it was darko_O

Loved the landing lights, it just didn’t want to land on the landing pad:(
FE3C2C45-43E5-4DA5-9B06-7F653791F447.jpeg
My next mission is to fly early morning now & get them shots;)

Reactions: Slim.slamma
Sometimes you have to make a decision whether to set up the D850 and shoot a trusty spot or move a few miles east and scout something new with the Mavic. All in all I'm happy with my choice.

NC-215 snakes through the Blue Ridge Mountains just south of the Parkway. The rising half-moon is visible in the upper left of the frame. 21-shot panorama (180 degree mode used), stitched in Adobe Lightroom with some local adjustments applied.

001 - PANO0001-11-Pano.jpg

Reactions: Twinnings and Porky
Sometimes you have to make a decision whether to set up the D850 and shoot a trusty spot or move a few miles east and scout something new with the Mavic. All in all I'm happy with my choice.

NC-215 snakes through the Blue Ridge Mountains just south of the Parkway. The rising half-moon is visible in the upper left of the frame. 21-shot panorama (180 degree mode used), stitched in Adobe Lightroom with some local adjustments applied.

View attachment 50609
Absolutely brilliant, definitely a comp winner;) puts my photo to shame:(

Last edited:
Reactions: jwischka
Absolutely brilliant, definitely a comp winner;) puts my photo to shame:(

Lucky to be in the right place at the right time. I was considering not even heading out... glad I did.

Reactions: Porky
I get the small dot with a circle hallow all the time when doing sunrise/sunsets. How can we prevent that?

This is lens flare. It's basically light being reflected around internally in the lens of the camera.

The easiest way to avoid it is to block the sun behind something - a building, tree, mountain, or most often for me, clouds. This isn't always possible, though.

If you can't block the sun out, a couple things to consider: 1) try to avoid using filters, as they may cause or exacerbate the flare. 2) You'll probably get less flare if the sun is on-axis (i.e. in the center of the frame) than if it's on the sides. Also, if it's literally in the center, the flare will tend to be right on top of the sun, so it will be less noticeable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev