DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunrise this moring

Beautiful shots!!! Care to share your settings?? ND filters?? I don’t have that much experience in post editing.
I'm kinda a newbie, I just used Auto with no filter. I took this from a video frame. Sorry I'm not much help. This is only my 2nd post. I posted some sunsets last night. I think they could have been better focused.

I'm kinda a newbie, I just used Auto with no filter. I took this from a video frame. Sorry I'm not much help. This is only my 2nd post. I posted some sunsets last night. I think they could have been better focused.

That’s awesome man!! Especially when auto gives you such a great shot!!

Beautiful picture, colors came out amazing. But looking closely I noticed the windmill on the far right, which for me brought this picture from 4 to 5 stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐?

Keen eye, I didn’t think any body would notice that detail.
I look some video of it this morning, I wish the the sunrise was better this morning.

Beautiful shots!!! Care to share your settings?? ND filters?? I don’t have that much experience in post editing.
You don't use ND filters for still shots such as this, however, since this is a grabbed frame from a video, then it could have been using an ND filter. You use ND filters for video, mostly.

Beautiful picture, colors came out amazing. But looking closely I noticed the windmill on the far right, which for me brought this picture from 4 to 5 stars. ⭐⭐⭐⭐?
Keen eye, I didn’t think anybody would notice that detail.
I took some video of it this morning, I wish the sunrise was better this morning.

Attachments

• DJI_0397 RH windmill 7119 silhouette 5.jpg
    DJI_0397 RH windmill 7119 silhouette 5.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: javie
You don't use ND filters for still shots such as this, however, since this is a grabbed frame from a video, then it could have been using an ND filter. You use ND filters for video, mostly.

Soooooo you’re saying that my question was a valid one?? I’m not sure I understand your post hahhaaa

Soooooo you’re saying that my question was a valid one?? I’m not sure I understand your post hahhaaa
In his original post of the photo, there was no mention that this was a frame from a video. Therefore I will assume you also did not know if this was a video or a still shot, and I will assume you thought it was a still shot. Therefore, my response to you would be that you rarely use an ND filter with still shots and if the original image was, or had been, a still shot, that type of shot definitely did not need the use of an ND filter.

After your post the OP stated it was a frame from a video. I responded assuming it was a still shot, then edited my post by adding that an ND filter would or could have been used for a video. Hope that clears it up for you. With that said, there would also be little need usually, to use an ND filter at sunset. ND filters are generally used in the brightest parts of a day when you may want, or need to use an ND filter to reduce the light reaching the camera sensor.

In his original post of the photo, there was no mention that this was a frame from a video. Therefore I will assume you also did not know if this was a video or a still shot, and I will assume you thought it was a still shot. Therefore, my response to you would be that you rarely use an ND filter with still shots and if the original image was, or had been, a still shot, that type of shot definitely did not need the use of an ND filter.

After your post the OP stated it was a frame from a video. I responded assuming it was a still shot, then edited my post by adding that an ND filter would or could have been used for a video. Hope that clears it up for you. With that said, there would also be little need usually, to use an ND filter at sunset. ND filters are generally used in the brightest parts of a day when you may want, or need to use an ND filter to reduce the light reaching the camera sensor.

Soooo like the op said, he didn’t use anything hahaaa

Keen eye, I didn’t think anybody would notice that detail.
I took some video of it this morning, I wish the sunrise was better this morning.

Thanks for the inspiration! Happened to catch a windmill from the corner of my eye driving home today and thought about your posts!! Hope you have a great evening!! Keep posting!!

Attachments

• 354E16E6-CB39-4C88-9A2F-8009152BA1AE.jpeg
    354E16E6-CB39-4C88-9A2F-8009152BA1AE.jpeg
    302.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: KRK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member