DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sunrise

Some of those transitions were awesome, they just worked really well.
Learning to turn the drone smoothly takes technique an Practice , On a given day I cannot get it smooth.

Let me know what editing software and drone you used, it came out really nice.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Capture the Storm and Land on the Water.

Last edited:
i know what i need to work on, please confirm
Your 360 pan turned out to be a jerky and incomplete decision. You stopped, started, stopped, etc. Then decided to go back to the sunrise. Were those birds also flying backwards? Also, high dynamic range made the foreground totally black. If you are going to start a 360 you should finish it.

Reactions: norsehabanero
Your 360 pan turned out to be a jerky and incomplete decision. You stopped, started, stopped, etc. Then decided to go back to the sunrise. Were those birds also flying backwards? Also, high dynamic range made the foreground totally black. If you are going to start a 360 you should finish it.
good catch yes they were flying backwards, how do you change the dynamic range on video

good catch yes they were flying backwards, how do you change the dynamic range on video
Unfortunately I have found no way to capture the large dynamic range between the dark foreground and the bright sunlight. I can do it easily in still images using the gradient filter in Adobe Photoshop. It can be done carefully with a carefully position gradient filter on the drone. You need to hold back the light from the sun. Freewell makes a set of gradient filters. You can only fly in one position to capture this. See attachmentScreen Shot 2021-11-15 at 12.37.49 PM.png

Unfortunately I have found no way to capture the large dynamic range between the dark foreground and the bright sunlight. I can do it easily in still images using the gradient filter in Adobe Photoshop. It can be done carefully with a carefully position gradient filter on the drone. You need to hold back the light from the sun. Freewell makes a set of gradient filters. You can only fly in one position to capture this. See attachmentView attachment 138431
thanks, ive found its also how you point the camera where it picks up more light either up or down, my gopro software has light adjustments but not sure if its graident or not

This subject comes up often, because every single sunset or sunrise image suffers from high dynamic range- e.g.: the sky blows out, so to reduce the sky, the foreground is underexposed. For still images in Photoshop I have used the gradient filter. Here is a screen grab of part of my work flow. I start by opening the image in ACR (Adobe Photoshop). The gradient filter has been moved around on the screen with various versions but the thumbnail shows it. I have marked it on this image. You activate the filter, then place your cursor where you want to start the adjustment and drag down, then used the sliders to adjust this selection. For video, you can try the Freewell gradient filter 16 or 32 ND and place the darker part on the top of the lens and then eyeball it on your monitor/screen to place the horizon carefully to hold back the sky. click on the image to enlarge, I hope.

Dale
Miami
Gradient filter in Photoshop for dark foreground.jpg

Over all, I liked it. I like you got Mt Ranier in the distance. That early, it seems a bit harder to get more even lighting. Like Dale D suggested it may be better to adjust in post.

Yakima has a special place in my heart - My grandparents lived and are buried there.

i know what i need to work on, please confirm
Yep. Confirmed!

OK, couldn't resist. Not a fan of those transitions at all. Uneven on the pan, and the backwards birds, well... Agree with Dale D and Prop Wash on 'fix it in post'.

Still, there is some nice stuff in there! Looking to the west at Mt. Rainier was nice - brought back memories.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aidiophilifix