DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunset in Rodopi mountain

~600 km this afternoon with my dog and my Jeep in search of beauty in vain (great views and memories but not for a drone filming) and at the sunset clouds made a hole and magic began ....
Very nice, and beautiful scenery!

Reactions: alex_markov
Land part way up the mountain then take off again .....perhaps.

Just be sure you are not near 20% battery or less charge during the landing, I was playing with a drone a few days ago, possibly my mini and it refused to restart the motors when the charge was somewhere around there. At the time that might have been the warning level I had set but I was only hopping up and down in the front garden so I didn't really take that much notice

Reactions: alex_markov
Land part way up the mountain then take off again .....perhaps.

Just be sure you are not near 20% battery or less charge during the landing, I was playing with a drone a few days ago, possibly my mini and it refused to restart the motors when the charge was somewhere around there. At the time that might have been the warning level I had set but I was only hopping up and down in the front garden so I didn't really take that much notice
Thank you, i know this trick, but never even thought of using it as landing in remote place in the mountain is nearly impossible (finding flat unobstructed surface i dont thing so ;)), second it'll reset home point so if something went wrong with connection afterwards it'll seek this remote point ;)
I liked my mp where i removed this stuped restriction and had som great peak shots from up close, but camera on m2p is far superior and now i miss some targets :(

Yep the resetting the home point could cause problems. As an experiment I once did a deliberate mid air CSC and restart with a Phantom 3. I hadn't thought of the resetting of the home point when the motors restarted.
I had lost sight of it during the fall so pressed RTH, I was asked if I wanted it to land where it was and bearing in mind it was quite a ways out over the sea that was 'undesirable' lol so I 'said' no and reset the home point to where the controller was and brought it home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada