DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunshade For Mini-1 RC

Chaosrider

Reactions
Has anyone come up with a sunshade that will work with an Android phone and the Mini-1 RC?, with the phone in the RC holders? Just from looking at it, I don't see how it could be done.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Note, and even with the screen set to max bright, it's pretty much unreadable in the direct sunlight.

Does anyone have a solution for this? A better solution than just sitting in the shade, which is what I'm doing now?

Thx,

MM

Had the same problem with the mini se controller and ended up buying a tablet holder to hold the phone and made a canopy out of a box that was roughly the same size as the phone. Measured and cut it up so that one side of the box slips in between the phone and holder. Painted it matt black inside to try and help reduce the glare. Is far from perfect but for a Sunday afternoon bodge job it helped, a bit.

Had the same problem with the mini se controller and ended up buying a tablet holder to hold the phone and made a canopy out of a box that was roughly the same size as the phone. Measured and cut it up so that one side of the box slips in between the phone and holder. Painted it matt black inside to try and help reduce the glare. Is far from perfect but for a Sunday afternoon bodge job it helped, a bit.
I'm enough of a klutz with fine finger work, that this is unlikely to work well for me.

Are there any production solutions for a sunshade for the Mini-1/SE, with the phone in the holder? Or a picture of your custom solution?

Perhaps there's some kind of ultralight umbrella that I could wear on my head, and provide shade to the entire RC assemblage. When I went to write that, I thought it was just a smartbutt comment, but after I wrote it, there may actually be an answer in there somewhere!

Thx!

MM

Reactions: Flakey Flier
Sure enough...I just ordered one of these!

I'll report back after I test it.

Even on the Mini-2s, for which I already have a decent sunshade, this could make a big difference. With the sunshade AND this head-worn umbrella, I might actually get a bright image on the screen!

1649867826774.png

MM

Reactions: Flakey Flier
Tried a few over the years but none of them are very effective in bright sunlight, the umbrella idea definitely has legs though 👍 😂 I've actually made a larger version of my home made jobby to fit my tablet in but I'll post a pic of it all set up later. I also found these things on Amazon you could try, they don't seem so bad and I've just ordered one myself to try.
Vbestlife Universal Mobile Phone Sunshade Hood for DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone, Sun Shield Accessory for DJI Mavic/for Spark/for Phantom 3/4: Amazon.co.uk: Toys & Games

I've been using the head umbrella for quite a while now and it works just fine. and for $10.00 I keep it in the car in case it rains.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas