DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sunshade

MoOriginal

Reactions
Has anyone come up with a solution for the problems associated with the front mounted camera and not underslung like the phantoms.

Im constantly battling sunflare or prop shadows in my shots.
Not a problem I had with the P3

Im hoping this thread jogs someones memory as to a solution.
Ive seen one on YT where someone hacks(cuts a hole into) his gimbal cover painted to black and works very effectively.

But Im hoping someone has a cleaner solution where they produce a 3d printed file or version.

Thanks

Mo
PS heres a pic i took when im not battling sun flare.

Attachments

• 20_-526.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 469
Last edited:
This is the mod im describing
Although not hard - if someone just came out with a proper solution I may have to go down this route and do it manually (only with a dremel and not a drill ;-) ).....

Reactions: jerryflah and Loz
Has anyone come up with a solution for the problems associated with the front mounted camera and not underslung like the phantoms.

Ive seen one on YT where someone hacks(cuts a hole into) his gimbal cover painted to black and works very effectively.

But Im hoping someone has a cleaner solution where they produce a 3d printed file or version.

Thanks

Mo

That's a great pic, was this with the Mavic?

Reactions: MoOriginal
Although not hard - if someone just came out with a proper solution I may have to go down this route and do it manually (only with a dremel and not a drill ;-) ).....

I think I would buy a spare gimbal cover from DJI so that I still had one for protection purposes but it's a good idea definitely

Reactions: CaptTPT and Fanbelt

Thanks

Mo
Just wanted to say that is one beautiful pic, congrats!

Sent from my SM-G935U using MavicPilots mobile app

I saw this on my phone last week and tried to post it but failed
Seems like a simple and doable project serves to add a limited amount of gimbal and camera protection as well

I made one following the youtube video instructions and it took me all of 20 mins from start to finish. It doesnt have to be that accurate - the most important part is shielding the sides. Using a dremel it was a piece of cake. Very happy with the result and glad that I went the DIY route (very satisfying when you get it right!).

b3d94f2ac8e264c8df5f6e770804153d.jpg

Here's mine, I opened it up a bit more than his suggestion. Works great. Brilliant idea, thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

Done searching I am, results I have.
DJI Mavic Sun cover

The left side needs to be adjusted I think, you can see a hair of it in the sample video.

Watched the video - it looks like there the abs printed material needs to be harder.
You can see the edge of the cover flapping in the wind from the props I assume.
Still you could I guess print it in thicker abs or different material from a 3D print place that could if needed.

I took a run at the lens hood mod. Pretty easy overall. Just take your time with the layout. This one is sprayed out (on the inside) with plastidip. I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_1102.JPG
    IMG_1102.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 354
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d