DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Surfers

mealers

Reactions
I've had my M2P for about 6 weeks now and I feel I'm still only scratching the surface of what it can do!
So far I've been concentrating on learning how to fly as smoothly as possible and shooting video which is completely new to me but great fun.

I've only taken a handful of still images but oh my god just how amazing is it to be able to get completely different perspectives on views you've seen for years and this pic is a pretty good example for me.
May not be to everyones taste but I'm really enjoying the kinda minimalistic top down shots like this.

mp.jpg

first think I looked for was "sharks" in the water
great pic BTW

Reactions: mealers
That pic' is just perfect ... especially with the second wave building at the top ... Great work!

That pic' is just perfect ... especially with the second wave building at the top ... Great work!
Its a start, the funny thing is I wasnt out trying for photos but shooting video, I was running low on battery and took a snap shot before landing and this turned out to be the best I got all day!

I've had my M2P for about 6 weeks now and I feel I'm still only scratching the surface of what it can do!
So far I've been concentrating on learning how to fly as smoothly as possible and shooting video which is completely new to me but great fun.

I've only taken a handful of still images but oh my god just how amazing is it to be able to get completely different perspectives on views you've seen for years and this pic is a pretty good example for me.
May not be to everyones taste but I'm really enjoying the kinda minimalistic top down shots like this.

View attachment 62782
That is a great minimalist shot!You are spot on about the incredibly different perspective.Whole new world.I'm guessing you may be an avid ground photographer as well.Going almost anywhere yields interesting photo ops.When I first got the drone a few months ago I was concentrating on shooting from high up+then I took a photo of some small boats at a dock that could not be taken from a ground perspective.I really liked the shot.I also have a shot similar to yours of surfers.My unsolicited advice is don't ignore the possibilities of shots from 10 to 20 feet above ground level.Have fun!

That is a great minimalist shot!You are spot on about the incredibly different perspective.Whole new world.I'm guessing you may be an avid ground photographer as well.Going almost anywhere yields interesting photo ops.When I first got the drone a few months ago I was concentrating on shooting from high up+then I took a photo of some small boats at a dock that could not be taken from a ground perspective.I really liked the shot.I also have a shot similar to yours of surfers.My unsolicited advice is don't ignore the possibilities of shots from 10 to 20 feet above ground level.Have fun!
Thanks for the great comment its appreciated!
Yes I've been shooting from land (and in the water) for around 20 years now so setting up basic photography settings in any camera is easy. Drone photography is something else though, theres just so much scope to where you can position your camera its somewhat overwhelming!
I'm also getting up at 5am on a day off work to go fly my drone at sunrise which is something I've never done with a land camera! I just cant get enough of it!! :)

Thanks for the great comment its appreciated!
Yes I've been shooting from land (and in the water) for around 20 years now so setting up basic photography settings in any camera is easy. Drone photography is something else though, theres just so much scope to where you can position your camera its somewhat overwhelming!
I'm also getting up at 5am on a day off work to go fly my drone at sunrise which is something I've never done with a land camera! I just cant get enough of it!! :)
The craziest thing for me is instead of going out with my ground camera about 4 times a week,in the 5 months I've had the drone I've only shot with the ground camera 3 or 4 times total.Where do you dive?I have a friend who has been shooting underwater for nearly 50 years and the world under there is incredible.

The craziest thing for me is instead of going out with my ground camera about 4 times a week,in the 5 months I've had the drone I've only shot with the ground camera 3 or 4 times total.Where do you dive?I have a friend who has been shooting underwater for nearly 50 years and the world under there is incredible.

Sorry I should of been clearer but I've done alot of surf photography over the years not actual diving (although I'd love to try). I used to love shooting from the water as it gave a much different view from shooting from land with a big lens so I guess its just natural progression that I take to the skies to carry on where I left off!

A couple terrible quality images but gives you an idea of what I did.
IMG_6375.JPG
IMG_6374.JPG

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Sorry I should of been clearer but I've done alot of surf photography over the years not actual diving (although I'd love to try). I used to love shooting from the water as it gave a much different view from shooting from land with a big lens so I guess its just natural progression that I take to the skies to carry on where I left off!

A couple terrible quality images but gives you an idea of what I did.
View attachment 62888
View attachment 62887
Wow-superb surf photo!I enjoy taking surf photos and spend winter on Florida's Gulf Coast.You're so right about the perspective from the water.I almost bought a disposable waterproof camera the other day and have considered something like the Olympus Tough series.Your rig looks a bit larger in size+$.
Here's the "minimalist"surfer photos I got.DJI_0600-LR DRONE SURFER+SHADOW WALKING ALONG BEACH.jpgDJI_0908-LR DRONE SURFERS WAITING ON A WAVE.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 62782
Those types of “nadir” view shots are the best, including for videos.

Its a start, the funny thing is I wasnt out trying for photos but shooting video, I was running low on battery and took a snap shot before landing and this turned out to be the best I got all day!

That happens to me, go out for that perfect shot, take a couple more “rushed” shots while flying back (low batt) those one are the best of the bunch:rolleyes: tipical....

Sorry forgot to say, cracking photos @mealers ;);)

Reactions: mealers and AMann
That happens to me, go out for that perfect shot, take a couple more “rushed” shots while flying back (low batt) those one are the best of the bunch:rolleyes: tipical....

Sorry forgot to say, cracking photos @mealers ;);)
Cheers Porky.
I’ll take any keeper I can get my hands on! [emoji3]

Reactions: Porky
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98