DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swapping cameras

Kiwicbrthou

Reactions
Thinking this will give the the best of both worlds.
Anyone want to share their experiences?

Based on the forum you posted, and the title of your post, you have an M2Z and want to swap cameras to make it an M2P.

Yes, this can be done but voids your warranty (probably expired anyway) and not something you can do frequently as you have to unplug/reconnect delicate ribbon cables.

There's YT videos on how to do it.

Based on the forum you posted, and the title of your post, you have an M2Z and want to swap cameras to make it an M2P.

Yes, this can be done but voids your warranty (probably expired anyway) and not something you can do frequently as you have to unplug/reconnect delicate ribbon cables.

There's YT videos on how to do it.
this ^

its 6 screws and a small ribbon. can be swapped a few times but dont over do it as you will damage the gimbal side or main circuit board side. better bet would be to buy a 2nd drone only and swap them as a whole

Kiwicbrthou

I ditto the above but the ribbon cable is not quite as delicate as suggested.
The main issue is the ribbon cable connector to the board on the drone which has a limited life and is not meant to be plugged and unplugged.
I have switched my drones and cameras several times whilst rebuilding the gimbal on the pro with no issues.

but be warned; Being overly enthusiastic here is what I did to the Pitch motor connector.IMG_0001 (2).JPG

The biggest problem I had at that time was the inconsistent firmware message, which took an age to resolve but once updated and after a gimbal calibration all was well.

Updating firmware is a different issue.

About 2 weeks ago I swap the zoom with the Hasselblad.
It was easy to do, also with help from some videos on YT.
But from time to time I missing now the zoom.

About 2 weeks ago I swap the zoom with the Hasselblad.
It was easy to do, also with help from some videos on YT.
But from time to time I missing now the zoom.
I never really have used the zoom feature much to be honest, so I think the swap to the hasselblad and being able to control the aperture will be the best for how I use the drone.

Reactions: ODroneWorks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121