DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Swapping M2ED for M2EZ

ComsPilot

Reactions
Hello,

I have a M2ED currently and just purchased the zoom gimbal. I tried to install it today and update the firmware, but it keeps failing. Do I possibly not have the right M2EZ gimbal? Or does this swap not work on the enterprise model? Tried searching specifically for enterprise, finding lots of info on Pro, but not enterprise specifically.

The Enterprise model though similar is not quite the same as a Mavic Pro. I'm not sure you can swap the zoom camera on that model. Switching cameras however requires re-pairing to the motherboard I would think and there is a python script out in internet land that is used for a camera swap on Mavic 2 Pros.

Hello,

I have a M2ED currently and just purchased the zoom gimbal. I tried to install it today and update the firmware, but it keeps failing. Do I possibly not have the right M2EZ gimbal? Or does this swap not work on the enterprise model? Tried searching specifically for enterprise, finding lots of info on Pro, but not enterprise specifically.
I have a MINT MEZ setup if your interested shoot me an offer in messages.

Hello,

I do not know if the swap you describe is possible but fist off, are you sure that the update is failing and not just the drone switching off whilst still in partial update.

I did something similar with an M2P and M2Zoom, then spent two months trying to update the firmware (thinking that when the drone switched off that the update had failed). The reason I thought it had failed was that every time I tried again with 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' gave an inconsistent firmware message; do you wish to update, followed by the same in an apparent never ending loop.

The updates were not failing but the switch off was part of the update process.
Eventually with patience by repeating the inconsistent firmware loop 5 or 6 times and apparent failure the new message changes to a noflyzone update message. After completing that the inconsistent firmware loop is successful. Job Done.

My message is keep trying.
PS always use fully charged batteries and switch off the drone after each attempt; before retrying.

I do not know if the swap you describe is possible but fist off, are you sure that the update is failing and not just the drone switching off whilst still in partial update.

I did something similar with an M2P and M2Zoom, then spent two months trying to update the firmware (thinking that when the drone switched off that the update had failed). The reason I thought it had failed was that every time I tried again with 'Assistant 2 for Mavic' gave an inconsistent firmware message; do you wish to update, followed by the same in an apparent never ending loop.

The updates were not failing but the switch off was part of the update process.
Eventually with patience by repeating the inconsistent firmware loop 5 or 6 times and apparent failure the new message changes to a noflyzone update message. After completing that the inconsistent firmware loop is successful. Job Done.

My message is keep trying.
PS always use fully charged batteries and switch off the drone after each attempt; before retrying.
I saw a similar post somewhere a while back, and after the guy had done alot of research he determined that there was something different with the Enterprise platform that was not compatible. I wish i could remember where i saw the post, but unfortunately i can barely remember what i did this morning! lololol.... BEST OF LUCK to the OP.

The Enterprise model though similar is not quite the same as a Mavic Pro. I'm not sure you can swap the zoom camera on that model. Switching cameras however requires re-pairing to the motherboard I would think and there is a python script out in internet land that is used for a camera swap on Mavic 2 Pros.
Camera swap on Mavic 2 Pro for the Mavic 2 Zoom camera requires nothing other than a manual replacement of the cameras. The Go 4 app instantly recognizes the change, and makes all the appropriate adjustments to accommodate the zoom camera. No aircraft FW change necessary either. Right scroll wheel instantly becomes the Zoom function, replacing whatever setting you had set for the Mavic 2 Pro (usually exposure compensation).

Reactions: Fizzbang
Camera swap on Mavic 2 Pro for the Mavic 2 Zoom camera requires nothing other than a manual replacement of the cameras. The Go 4 app instantly recognizes the change, and makes all the appropriate adjustments to accommodate the zoom camera. No aircraft FW change necessary either. Right scroll wheel instantly becomes the Zoom function, replacing whatever setting you had set for the Mavic 2 Pro (usually exposure compensation).
You are absolutely correct,,,,BUT.... The OP is refering to a Mavic 2 ENTERPRISE DUAL , not an M2Z, or M2P

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura