DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switch tablet from Android to iOS

Giorgos66

Reactions
Hi. I have a Lenovo tab4 8 8504f and I say it's better to get one Ipad Mini 4 ( 16gb A8) that I found at a good price. Is this change worth it? Does Ipad Mini 4 work well without any problems? Thank you.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't speak to the two models you are comparing. I have had neither. I can make a broad statement from my experience. I used Android for a very long time. There were always bugs, glitches, slow downs, missing features etc.. This is across the board whether using them with a drone, a camera, professional audio equipment, or hearing aides. When I switched to IOS everything just worked. No muss, no fuss, things just worked.

Does Ipad Mini 4 work well without any problems? Thank you.

It's on DJI's list of approved products for the DJI GO app.

Search results from this Forum.

Also, check out this list to see other products that could be used.

It's comprised by flyers on different platforms that may help when purchasing a drone related phone / tablet.

Good luck. 👍

I know it's in the recommended but I'm asking if it's malfunctioning, which friend has worked on it.

I can't speak for the iPad Mini 4 but I fly my Air 2S using an iPad Mini 5 (wifi only version) and it works flawlessly. The 4 may work well but, if you can spring for the 5, I'd suggest going that route. Just my two cents worth.

Reactions: MA2 317
I can't speak for the iPad Mini 4 but I fly my Air 2S using an iPad Mini 5 (wifi only version) and it works flawlessly. The 4 may work well but, if you can spring for the 5, I'd suggest going that route. Just my two cents worth.
I don't have much money to buy the 5. I found the 4 in excellent condition 120 euros

I'm not so satisfied with Android. Sometimes it freezes and there is a lag in the image.
That's not an Android operating system problem.
It's what you get with a low performance tablet that isn't up to the task of running the app properly.
Whether you go with Android or IOS, you need a fast processor and sufficient 4 GB RAM to run the app well.
That's why I say take Ios That's why I say to get Mini 4 or even Mini 2
The Mini 4 was released way back in Sept 2015 and has 2 GB of RAM.
It's not going to give flawless performance running the demanding app either and the Mini 2 would be a disappointment.

Agreed.

I have a mini 4 with the GO 4 app and the Spark.

In the end, the mini 4 experienced CPU usage messages with the GO 4 app.

I think the upgrades from DJI bloated the app. 🤔

Worked fine when I flew in 2018.

It still worked without a shutdown, but struggling at times.

Your results may vary with the GO app.

Good luck. 👍

Reactions: Giorgos66
I understand... I also found a Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4" 4G (32GB) Android. With 4GB ram I think it will be better.

I understand... I also found a Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4" 4G (32GB) Android. With 4GB ram I think it will be better.
The Huawei M3 (and the M5) are excellent flying tablets.
Here are some good tips to set it up for best performance:

Reactions: Giorgos66
Finally, after your advice, I chose Huawei MediaPad M3 8.4" 4G (32GB) which I bought for 80 euros. I think I did well not to get the Ipad mini 4. Thank you guys!

Reactions: MA2 317
Good evening. I read somewhere, I don't remember, that we can connect the rc to the Huawei mediapad M3 from the side (photo). It's better this way? What cable is needed?

Screenshot.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne