DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switch to airplane mode on phone?

grayuk

Reactions
Hello again guys, iv got the Mavic 2 Zoom, is it recommended to switch on Airplane mode on phone when using it during flying ? I was told to do this with my Spark but just want to be sure if should be doing it whatever im flying?

Thanks again.....

It is a good idea to switch to airplane mode when flying, that way all your phone/tablet resources are dedicated to whatever flying app you are using instead of trying to do other things. (phone calls, texts, checking on other programs in the background)

You also probably don't want to be bothered by notifications that may block important portions of the screen.

Just remember that maps might not update without service. But get them just before flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bellavance
Is it easy to get maps before flying?

You can cache them in advance of your flight like at home or any wifi location - if you know where you are going to fly. You can download them. Or before flying, if you use a cellphone/tablet, you could start the app, it should get the maps of that location and then enable airplane mode. I gather there are different ways to cache maps depending on Android or apple.

Is there any clear advice on what mode to have phone set in for Mavic Mini?
Wi-Fi on or off
Bluetooth on or off
With my Spark I had to use aeroplane mode wi-fi bluetooth phone everything off.

Mini is no different than any other Mavic. The less radio transmissions around to interfere with the RC-AC connection, the better. So, airplane mode would be ideal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos