DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switching from iPhone to iPad Mini and back

DanaMc

Reactions
First: If I make settings changes while using my iPhone, are they stored in the controller, the drone, or the iPhone?

Second: If I make settings via the iPhone and later use the iPad Mini, will the previous settings still be saved and in effect regardless of what interface device I used?

TIA!

Most setting changes are stored in the aircraft. Needs to be switched on to change and store them.

the settings will be available on more than one device ,but you need to set up each device with the controller and drone connected,and if there was an update you would have to do it on both devices, also if there is an app update then you would need to do both devices with everything linked and after any update switch off the drone and then restart it to store the info in the drone, also some updates can change some of the settings in the app ,so make sure you make a note of them so you can check if they have stayed the same

Reactions: DanaMc
the settings will be available on more than one device ,but you need to set up each device with the controller and drone connected,and if there was an update you would have to do it on both devices, also if there is an app update then you would need to do both devices with everything linked and after any update switch off the drone and then restart it to store the info in the drone, also some updates can change some of the settings in the app ,so make sure you make a note of them so you can check if they have stayed the same
So it appears the settings are stored in the device software ON each device such as my iPhone versus my iPad Mini. Both need to be checked preflight regardless. And both will be subject to Go Fly updates and must be updated separately.

the flight setting are stored in the drone and are transferred to the device app when you start up the drone ,so both devices have to be up to date ,some firmware updates alter the stored info in settings, so you just need to check everything is linked before you go out to fly just treat each device as your only one and whatever changes you make on one do on the other

Reactions: DanaMc
First: If I make settings changes while using my iPhone, are they stored in the controller, the drone, or the iPhone?

Second: If I make settings via the iPhone and later use the iPad Mini, will the previous settings still be saved and in effect regardless of what interface device I used?

TIA!
If you go in the app with no drone connected you’ll see which ones are stored on the drone.
They won’t have a value and you can’t set them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka