DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Switching off beginner mode without phone connected?

Tony Weller

Reactions
I know this will make some groan but please be patient this ole fart :( I really have searched and read manuals but I'm exhausted.

Wanting to use 2 pro with goggles so I turn off beginner mode with phone. fly with goggles(and no phone) and it's back to beginner mode, for the life of me I cannot find out how to disable beginner mode flying this way. Had good weather today finally and I could only fly 30 mtr bubble

Help please,

Edit ..all firmware up to date.

If you take off without a phone/app connected to the remote and running, then flight distance/altitude will be limited. Even the P3 had this added to its firmware about 3 years ago.

Are you referring to the DJI goggles designed for Occusync? If so, I believe you're supposed to use it's app. Not 100 sure of the details though.

Hmm I can see why DJI did that, the app has demos and makes you study Thumbswayup
Yes the white Occusync goggles. thanks for letting me know as I was getting frustrated.

I don't go beyond line of sight (long sighted +5 lenses to focus on the screen!) then flip down goggles to adjust camera settings.

You can fly with the phone and the Goggles connected simultaneously.

You can fly with the phone and the Goggles connected simultaneously.
Indeed but I don't want or need the hassle of using a phone, lots of feature available in the goggles, most impressive is hit Fn button then head move for cross hair focusing, the OSMO pocket moved a lot of app features into the camera so hopefully the setting I'm after is lurking in goggles somewhere! but I digress

Reactions: Camino Ken
Indeed but I don't want or need the hassle of using a phone, lots of feature available in the goggles, most impressive is hit Fn button then head move for cross hair focusing, the OSMO pocket moved a lot of app features into the camera so hopefully the setting I'm after is lurking in goggles somewhere! but I digress
There are quite a few of the settings in the goggles but unfortunately not all. I just took a quick look and didn’t see it.

There are quite a few of the settings in the goggles but unfortunately not all. I just took a quick look and didn’t see it.

As I feared thanks for looking. I'm going to ask on the DJI forum about this. I'm a reasonably competent flyer but fully understand publishing how to disable it would be counter productive to safety and public mania about killer drones.

Well there it is from Aardvark on the DJI forums..

"The 30m altitude & 50 flight radius restriction is not beginner mode, it was a 'safety feature' added in P4 firmware 02.00.0106.
For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."

It also was incorporated into P3 firmware.
I believe the thought behind it is that you have less awareness about the AC without the app so flying BLOS is risky.

Once or twice I flew with just the RC. That was nerve wracking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000