DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sydney (Inner west)

Yannie

Reactions
Hi all, I regularly fly in the inner west of Sydney.
Would be great to fly with others.
Cheers, Yannie.

Hi all, I regularly fly in the inner west of Sydney.
Would be great to fly with others.
Cheers, Yannie.
I'm resident in Thailand and headed down for a few days on a work trip to Sydney. I'll be staying around Circular Quay/Sydney Harbour Bridge and I had 2 questions of you don't mind me asking.

1. Would you be able to point me to a website with the most current rules on drone carrying (non-commercial) into the country?

2. I won't have too much time to get further outside, so do you think it's worth it to carry my drone or just be happy with a regular camera and perhaps my Osmo 2?

Thank you in advance.

I'm resident in Thailand and headed down for a few days on a work trip to Sydney. I'll be staying around Circular Quay/Sydney Harbour Bridge and I had 2 questions of you don't mind me asking.

1. Would you be able to point me to a website with the most current rules on drone carrying (non-commercial) into the country?

2. I won't have too much time to get further outside, so do you think it's worth it to carry my drone or just be happy with a regular camera and perhaps my Osmo 2?

Thank you in advance.
Easiest way is to install the "Can I fly there?" app.

Unless you're travelling way out of the city I wouldn't bother. Likely to just be a headache.

Just use your selfie stick like all the other tourists and concentrate on having a good holiday.

In Australia drones are most fun in areas with wilderness and low population density.

Reactions: BangkokFlyBoy
Easiest way is to install the "Can I fly there?" app.

Unless you're travelling way out of the city I wouldn't bother. Likely to just be a headache.

Just use your selfie stick like all the other tourists and concentrate on having a good holiday.

In Australia drones are most fun in areas with wilderness and low population density.
Thank you for taking the time to reply, really appreciate it and I guess this is what makes the community so strong.

I'll leave the Mavic at home and enjoy the trip.

If I do get to come back again, I'll definitely try to get more time to go out of the city.

Thank you again and enjoy your weekend ahead.

By just flying within the rules...

Stay out of the red zones. Go to where the yellow zones are and the instructions are reasonable but the wording could be improved. I think the gist of the yellow zones can be summed up by 1) if you see an aircraft, land. 2) don't take off when you see an aircraft.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000