DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet and tablet holder for Mavic 2

dxer

Reactions
Hey guys

I am browsing for new drone, after I sold my Yuneec Typhoon H so I have some questions about attaching tablet to Mavic 2 controller.
My tablet choice would be probably Samsung Galaxy TAB A T590 10.5"
First questions would be...is this tablet good for working wiith DJI GO app or other third party apps ?

And I am browsing for good quality tablet holder which can hold this tablet. I saw some of thems, but would like your recommendation on this.
I see this holder which are placed before sticks and I was wondering is that good because you don't see controller screen neither controller actually.
But then this holders which holds tablet in front of controller, does this holders can hurt antenna signals, specially this metal made holders ?

Anyway, hope you can help me with that.

its down to your personal preference which type you choose i have one that goes above the controller so i can see the screen and i like to hold the controller with the arms extended find that comfortable i have tried both sorts and its really down to you at the end of the day, have had no issues with the antennas

Reactions: dxer
If you want to see the controller you can use an iPad Mini or similar directly in the folding controller arms. iPad fits below the controller so it is totally visible. But you don't really need to see the controller. Just remember where the RTH, pause, camera pitch, and flight mode buttons are in case you need 'em. I use a Polar Pro Fight Deck holder, very solid but kind of $$. There are plenty of cheaper functional options.

One issue with phones and tablets in general is lack of sufficient brightness in sunny conditions. I use a folding partial hood on my iPad Mini. Not perfect but it helps.

Last edited:
Wife uses the tab A, and she loves it. No issues at all. I use the the tab S4 and I love it. With large tablets, the feeling of balance is important (at least to me) we use the mav mount, and the tablet mounted in the controller, will sit on a flat surface while you do preflight checks, and feels well balanced in your grip during flight. With the tablet mounted more towards the front, mine kept falling over which was real annoying. Hopefully my experience helps!

Reactions: ff22 and dxer
I couldn't get the iPad 5 mini to fit into the handle holders. I'm not sure how others are able to do that. I ended up creating my own, and posted my design here:

My Unique iPad Mini (gen5) Mavic 2 Controller Mount

I do not like mounts that put the tablet above the controller because I really need to see the controller display and buttons. Also, I don't like the high center of gravity with the tablet above. Finally, it is tougher to add a sunshade when the tablet is above because that makes the whole thing even higher and more unbalanced.

Here's a link to the 3D printer design files:

Mavic 2 iPad Mini 5 Table Mount

Last edited:
I have 9,7 ipad 2018 and it works perfectly. As for tablet holder i got pgytech Amazon.com: PGYTECH Tablet Mount Holder Compatible with DJI Mavic Pro/Mavic Air/Spark/Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, Adjustable Foldable Bracket Aluminum 4-10.5 Inchs Pad Holder Remote Controller Accessories Parts RCmall: Camera & Photo
If i would make choice one more time i would just buy some good smartphone to fit directly into controller. With tablet and tablet holder you will need some time to prepare. Mavic series thou is all about "ready to go" as fast as possible. Tablet is just holding you back. I thought that bigger screen would be cool but not worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:
I have a Mavic 2 Pro, and I use a Mavmount device holder with a 10.5" iPad Pro. The Mavmount options can be seen here: MavMount 3.0 Tablet Mount Adapter Archives | Mavmount brand DJI Mavic 2, DJI Mavic Pro, Spark, AIR iPad Tablet Adapter

With my setup, the Remote's screen and joysticks are not visible as my tablet covers them, and I have noted no issues with signal quality regarding possible interference with the antennas.

For someone flying a UAV for the first time, not seeing the Remote may be a bit unsettling, but the fact is, everything you need to fly will be displayed on your tablet. If for some reason, the tablet failed, it can then be quickly removed, and the Remote alone can be used as a backup monitor. Also, the more you fly, the less you look at and think about the joysticks, and pretty soon, you are not looking at or thinking about them at all. They kind of become an extension of your body - so to speak - and when this occurs, UAV flying becomes more intuitive and fun. I see you had a Typhoon H before, so you may know what I mean..

Regarding the Mavmount, I have found it to be very well made option for my needs, and there are cheaper options, but when it came to the security of my near thousand dollar tablet - at the time of purchase - I decided to go with it.

Reactions: Danr-62 and dxer
I have a MavMount with an iPad. It can be setup in a few different configurations. This is how I usually use it and the controller is visable. The iPad kind of rests on my arms and find it rather comfortable. If I were to purchase again, I might get the PolarPro as the MavMount has a ball head which takes a little to get it squared off. Both are quality products.
aa1.jpg

aa2.jpg

Reactions: Brockrock
The more things change, the more they remain the same and we're back to mounts for mobile devices. <chuckling>

OP: I've purchased two MavMounts, a LifThor, and finally, the PolarPro FlightDeck version. The latter is, IMHO, FAR superior to any of the others.

Does the 7.9" Tab A fit in the standard controller?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom