DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet for MavicPro Platinum

Andrew, I have the same question. I've been using my Samsung Galaxy S9 smart phone with my Mavic Pro controller and it works great for the DJI Go 4 and Litchi apps. Why Litchi? Because I love the off-line ability to build Waypoint Missions on my HP Envy Laptop, fly the virtual mission off-line, tweak it, save it which syncs it with my phone to call up and load to the drone very simply. I want a larger screen (9"-10") to use with the drone, have already purchased and received the "tablet adapter" which can handle up to 10" tablet and now I'm struggling with pulling the trigger on the Samsung Tab S3. Still reading critiques and comments on that combo. The advice is always worthwhile and meaningful but like shopping for a vehicle, should I buy a Ram, Chevy or Ford Pickup Truck, I getting conflicting data? Opinions run wide and deep. Good luck and happy trails and flying.

Andrew, I have the same question. I've been using my Samsung Galaxy S9 smart phone with my Mavic Pro controller and it works great for the DJI Go 4 and Litchi apps. Why Litchi? Because I love the off-line ability to build Waypoint Missions on my HP Envy Laptop, fly the virtual mission off-line, tweak it, save it which syncs it with my phone to call up and load to the drone very simply. I want a larger screen (9"-10") to use with the drone, have already purchased and received the "tablet adapter" which can handle up to 10" tablet and now I'm struggling with pulling the trigger on the Samsung Tab S3. Still reading critiques and comments on that combo. The advice is always worthwhile and meaningful but like shopping for a vehicle, should I buy a Ram, Chevy or Ford Pickup Truck, I getting conflicting data? Opinions run wide and deep. Good luck and happy trails and flying.
Thank you for the info regarding Litchi..im doing to download and try it out! I have a galaxy S10+ and want to stick with Samsung when it comes to a tablet.

I don't know about "better" but I've been running an iPad with a 9.7" screen. Zero issues ever from downloading the app, to flying, to reading the post-flight info. Some guys revert to a smart phone after using a tablet because it's easier to pack the drone/controller/etc without an iPad. I bought a DroneGuard BP250 and now super easy to pack the iPad, landing pad, etc. Good luck- I don't think you'll make a mistake with either decision.

Reactions: Bob L and Craig K.
I don't know about "better" but I've been running an iPad with a 9.7" screen. Zero issues ever from downloading the app, to flying, to reading the post-flight info. Some guys revert to a smart phone after using a tablet because it's easier to pack the drone/controller/etc without an iPad. I bought a DroneGuard BP250 and now super easy to pack the iPad, landing pad, etc. Good luck- I don't think you'll make a mistake with either decision.
I wonder if i were to buy the latest and greatest samsung tablet... if that would be the best tablet to use

Reactions: Bob L
I've been flying DJI Go 4 and Litchi with my Samsung Galaxy S9. Works great, no problems. BUT, the screen is too small for my liking so I just "ordered" a refurbished Samsung Tab S3 that originally came out in 2017. The latest model I believe is the Tab S6. I saw lots of good reviews on the Tab S3 and will be happy with the 9.7 inch screen. I already have the "SunnyLife" adapter which handles tablets up to 10" so I'm ready to go when the tablet arrives this Friday. There are lots of recommendations on this sight on which tablet to use. After a couple weeks of looking at recommendations I just had to quit trying to find the absolute best since the opinions run all over the place. Good enough for me to be happy doesn't mean the latest, greatest and most expensive. Good Luck with your selection.

I am using an iPhone 11 Pro Max with NuShield DayVue screen film and it does really well. In sun I also use a small sun shield and turn brightness all the way up.

Are you referring to SM-T387W version?
I didn't know there were so many versions. I had an older tab a I used with my phantom 3 pro and it worked perfect. I bought a Mavic pro and it didn't work very well. The screen pixelated and I couldn't see through the camera. Some one told me I had a bad connection but I was only maybe 20 feet away. It worked with a spark just fine. I thought I would buy a newer one from Costco and maybe the processor would be faster. I read that the Galaxy tab s3 worked real well but they cost way to much.
Here is the Costco tablet: https://www.costco.com/samsung-galaxy-8"-tab-a-wi-fi-tablet-32gb---silver---includes-bonus-32gb-microsd-card.product.100511016.html

Last edited:
I didn't know there were so many versions. I had an older tab a I used with my phantom 3 pro and it worked perfect. I bought a Mavic pro and it didn't work very well. The screen pixelated and I couldn't see through the camera. Some one told me I had a bad connection but I was only maybe 20 feet away. It worked with a spark just fine. I thought I would buy a newer one from Costco and maybe the processor would be faster. I read that the Galaxy tab s3 worked real well but they cost way to much.
Here is the Costco tablet: https://www.costco.com/samsung-galaxy-8"-tab-a-wi-fi-tablet-32gb---silver---includes-bonus-32gb-microsd-card.product.100511016.html

Seem to be the same specs as the one I listed above. Yeah for me it was sluggish. Live video feed would at times chop, I tried higher end cables, older apk, turned off any background apps, the works. Went back to iOS and its smooth sailing. Sadly with android tablets I think you can’t cheap out on the specs from the looks of it. I love the 8” form factor and the price point. Oh well.

Seem to be the same specs as the one I listed above. Yeah for me it was sluggish. Live video feed would at times chop, I tried higher end cables, older apk, turned off any background apps, the works. Went back to iOS and its smooth sailing. Sadly with android tablets I think you can’t cheap out on the specs from the looks of it. I love the 8” form factor and the price point. Oh well.
So which one are you using? Send me a link.

So which one are you using? Send me a link.

I went with Apple. I have an iPhone XR that I’m using. I gave up on androids for now. I also have been using iPad Pro 12.9 but no suitable holder for it, unless I’m doing some serious recording than i bring a tripod for it. But for everyday driver I’ve been using my XR. Shame because 8” is perfect size for me for shooting serious or everyday content. Gave my Samsung tab to one of my kids. It does everything great, except smooth live video transmission via go4.

I've been flying DJI Go 4 and Litchi with my Samsung Galaxy S9. Works great, no problems. BUT, the screen is too small for my liking so I just "ordered" a refurbished Samsung Tab S3 that originally came out in 2017. The latest model I believe is the Tab S6. I saw lots of good reviews on the Tab S3 and will be happy with the 9.7 inch screen. I already have the "SunnyLife" adapter which handles tablets up to 10" so I'm ready to go when the tablet arrives this Friday. There are lots of recommendations on this sight on which tablet to use. After a couple weeks of looking at recommendations I just had to quit trying to find the absolute best since the opinions run all over the place. Good enough for me to be happy doesn't mean the latest, greatest and most expensive. Good Luck with your selection.
I read very good reports on the S3. They also said the S2 had problems. I might do the same. I think the Ipad mini is a good option, but I don't get along with the Apple OS. Nothing wrong with it, I just have a hard time navigating it. I really liked the size of the Tab A. 8"

I went with Apple. I have an iPhone XR that I’m using. I gave up on androids for now. I also have been using iPad Pro 12.9 but no suitable holder for it, unless I’m doing some serious recording than i bring a tripod for it. But for everyday driver I’ve been using my XR. Shame because 8” is perfect size for me for shooting serious or everyday content. Gave my Samsung tab to one of my kids. It does everything great, except smooth live video transmission via go4.
The Apple OS doesn't like me...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones