DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

tablet for zoom

Gixxer007

Reactions
Hi new to the forum and just got mavic 2 zoom, can i use a dedicated tablet or does it have to have phone to pair off with? I have a samsung galaxy a42 g5 and the dji go 4 app wont download, id like just keep my galaxy and get somthing just for the zoom

Hi new to the forum and just got mavic 2 zoom, can i use a dedicated tablet or does it have to have phone to pair off with?
You can use a phone or a tablet.
Here's a listing of some that others have used:
I have a samsung galaxy a42 g5 and the dji go 4 app wont download, id like just keep my galaxy and get somthing just for the zoom
You have to download the apk file from DJI and use that to install the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: msinger
What do you mean "go4 app won't download"? You have to download it from dji.com, not from Play store.
On my Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom I use Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, Huawei P30 phone and Huawei M3 tablet. They all work perfect, no glitches whatsoever. But I don't update Android, I think I am on version 8 or 9.

What do you mean "go4 app won't download"? You have to download it from dji.com, not from Play store.
On my Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom I use Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, Huawei P30 phone and Huawei M3 tablet. They all work perfect, no glitches whatsoever. But I don't update Android, I think I am on version 8 o
Your right about that, i downloaded it dji, I had to go into phone apps and enable {download other apps} and it loaded put i havnt figured out how to get to fully function, its flashing mag interference, tried to calibrate , but calibrate touch button is dim and wont activate, I have looked up compatible phones and it states android OS needs to be 5.0 mines OS 4.1

Your right about that, i downloaded it dji, I had to go into phone apps and enable {download other apps} and it loaded put i havnt figured out how to get to fully function, its flashing mag interference, tried to calibrate , but calibrate touch button is dim and wont activate, I have looked up compatible phones and it states android OS needs to be 5.0 mines OS 4.1
If it asks you to calibrate the compass, you should do it, but not indoors. Take the drone outside and place it somewhere away from any metal (not on concrete, it has metal rebars). Then turn it on, and see if it still warn you of magnetic interference. If so, calibrate it (not close to metal, remove watch and keep your phone away). It will tell you if calibration was successful.
If DJI says you need Android 5.0, you should listen to them. Some people have had problems with Go4 and Android 12 and 13. Like I said, I run version 8 and 9 with zero problems.
More about magnetic interference:
Some Mavic 2 Pros, including one of mine, falsely reports mag interference when there is none. I check the sensors state and they are all perfectly fine, and the drone flies like a dream. Other people, but not many, has reported the same error. I live with it now, I just check the sensors state before I take off.

If it asks you to calibrate the compass, you should do it, but not indoors. Take the drone outside and place it somewhere away from any metal (not on concrete, it has metal rebars). Then turn it on, and see if it still warn you of magnetic interference. If so, calibrate it (not close to metal, remove watch and keep your phone away). It will tell you if calibration was successful.
If DJI says you need Android 5.0, you should listen to them. Some people have had problems with Go4 and Android 12 and 13. Like I said, I run version 8 and 9 with zero problems.
More about magnetic interference:
Some Mavic 2 Pros, including one of mine, falsely reports mag interference when there is none. I check the sensors state and they are all perfectly fine, and the drone flies like a dream. Other people, but not many, has reported the same error. I live with it now, I just check the sensors state before I take off.
Thanks for info, im trying to choose a tablet , do I need one with Wfi and Internet connectivity? Im unclear on this subject

Thanks for info, im trying to choose a tablet , do I need one with Wfi and Internet connectivity? Im unclear on this subject
You do not need WiFi or Internet when you are flying. Actually it is best to turn off both.
But all tablets have WiFi, use it to download the Go4 app or update firmware or activate/register the drone. Just turn off WiFi afterwards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh