DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet only for drone

Bl4ze87

Reactions
Hello guys, i m going to buy a tablet only for djigo.
I m in budget, so i was looking for an used ipad mini 3/4, or maybe a Lenovo p8.
What s the best choice?
I know that the Lenovo will be cheaper

I would say a 2nd hand mini 4 is your best bet. There were overheating/processor problems with ios11 but they appear to have been solved by ios12 upgrade.
Mine has a new lease of life now. It's great to just slip into the arms and fly - so quick and easy. I have a mount I use too with a shade - so you have the best of both worlds

I have the lenovo Tab 4 10 inch. I use it exclusively for flying and it works great.

I don't want a 10".
I ve also a 2018 iPad but i m not much comfortable with the size, and also i want to try a smellar tablet in the phone clamp, without adapter

I have been flying my Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, and now my Mavic 2 Pro with an iPad mini 4. I love it.
I have an Android Shield tablet I use when I want live HD out. But it requires adapters and the battery life isn't as long as the iPad Mini.

Mike

A little update.
Bought yesterday an used ipad mini 4 and tested today in the controller clamp.
All was perfect, and i think the ipad mini is the best compromise between display size and device weight.
I've also ordered a tablet support (so i can try the mini with this setting, and also give a shot with the 9.7 ipad ) but for now i'm very happy with the purchase!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidwujr