DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet questions for Mavic 2 Pro

Augie023

Reactions
Is anyone out there using a either an ipad air 1 or nvidia shield K1 tablet with their Mavic 2? I have read threads of issues with older ipad's but I really don't fond too much info on the shield. I have been using my phone mostly but would love to have a bigger screen and have these tablets laying around for dedicated drone usage if they'll work. Thanks

I use the Nvidia K1 with my Mavic Pro and it a very good tablet to fly with although the screen brightness is not technically sunlight readable. Battery Life is also not stellar, but no issues running DJIGO4. No crashes of the app and no slowdowns with video signal.

Reactions: Augie023
Is anyone out there using a either an ipad air 1 or nvidia shield K1 tablet with their Mavic 2? I have read threads of issues with older ipad's but I really don't fond too much info on the shield. I have been using my phone mostly but would love to have a bigger screen and have these tablets laying around for dedicated drone usage if they'll work. Thanks
The app has put on weight and the K1 is not as good as it used to be.
The Huawei M3 & M5 are now the best Android tablets for flying with the app.
Fast to boot and they run the app flawlessly + they have a good speaker so you can hear any alerts.

Reactions: Augie023
I'm currently using an iPad Air First Generation on a Skyreat tablet mount. The Air runs DJI Go 4.0 flawlessly for me and I love the extra 'real estate' the screen size affords. Works well on the Skyreat tablet holder too.

I'm currently using an iPad Air First Generation on a Skyreat tablet mount. The Air runs DJI Go 4.0 flawlessly for me and I love the extra 'real estate' the screen size affords. Works well on the Skyreat tablet holder too.
Thanks, the iPad I have is my wife's old tablet that'll be dedicated to the drone. I just couldn't justify a new tablet just to use for flying.

The First Gen Air will still run DJI Go 4.0 well, especially if you use it as a dedicated tablet for the drone and don't have loads of other apps installed which may potentially slow it down.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness