DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet

MyAir

Reactions
Looking for a tablet instead of using my mobile in the RC. A couple of questions :

1. Local retailer recommends ipad mini. A bit expensive but apparently would handle the load better than most others. Any thoughts?
2. If I get a tablet do I need mobile as well as wifi?
3. Any way of shading from sunlight on bright days?

Thanks for any input.

1. Local retailer recommends ipad mini. A bit expensive but apparently would handle the load better than most others. Any thoughts?
1. The iPad mini 4 is one of several tablets that works well.
If you wanted to go with a non-Apple tablet, the Huawei M3 or M5 are the best Android flying tablets.
2. No need for anything more than wifi.
3. Find a shady tree for the best screen shading.

I was flying yesterday using my iPad mini 4 and I noticed a huge lag. When I changed to my iPhone image and video response was much more superior. Mine do not have a cellular feature. If having cellular improve everything I don’t know but I will be always using my iPhone for now on. Best of luck!

If having cellular improve everything I don’t know but I will be always using my iPhone for now on.
But having cellular capability makes no difference to anything.
Your Mavic doesn't need internet data for anything and it certainly won't help the app to run better.
The source of your issue is something else altogether.

Cellular needed for maps, unless you cache maps ahead of time over wifi.

I have just bought a Huawei M3 8 Lite having trialled my little boy’s. Really is very good for the money...

I have a iPad Mini 4 and will use my Galaxy S7 as a hotspot so I get the GPS maps. The S7 wouldn't work with the DJI GO 4 app..

Looking for a tablet instead of using my mobile in the RC. A couple of questions :

Thanks for any input.

I just switched to an iPad mini 4. I have the version with cell capability...that I will never use. But...the iPad mini 4 does not have a GPS radio unless it also has cell capability. That may or may not be an issue.

I just switched to an iPad mini 4. I have the version with cell capability...that I will never use. But...the iPad mini 4 does not have a GPS radio unless it also has cell capability. That may or may not be an issue.
It's a feature you will not use unless you do follow-me flight or want to reset your home point to the current location of the controller.

Thanks for any input.

I shop on Craigslist for good, used gear and usually can find what I'm interested in within a week or so. I recently became a Mavic Pro Platinum owner for $650 with 2 batteries, then bought another battery for $30. I decided to get an iPad Mini, and found a Mini 2 with cellular & GPS for $100, then a few days later also bought a Mini 4 cellular & GPS for $200. Both in fine condition and work well. Shop around a little, deals are out there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic