DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Takeoff error . Check motors and props

Josstraathof

Reactions
I was flying over the river a month ago. By making a wrong move with my up and down stick the drone ,Mavic pro platinum, felt into the water. I dried the drone with a air dryer and then I put the drone in a bag with rice for 3days. After this I tried the drone , no problem at all. But a week later on my screen appears : takeoff error, check motors and props. Can somebody tell me what I can do?

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
It sounds like you may have got water-borne sediment / corrosion in your motors... when you spin them by hand do they move equally freely ?

You "might" try to flush them out with distilled water, if you feel any of the slightest rumble/grittiness in the motors....
Also making sure that the props are still good and flight servicable.

It sounds like you may have got water-borne sediment / corrosion in your motors... when you spin them by hand do they move equally freely ?
If I spin them by hand , i don't feel difference between the motors

You most likely are seeing the effect of corrosion.. Water has dissolved solids that settle onto the electronics and cause corrosion after time...The ONLY proper way to attempt recovery after a bath in a river is COMPLETE disassembly of the unit and a bath in alcohol.. Its best to do within hours of retrieval... After corrosion its a VERY dangerous crap-shoot to fly..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61