DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking down a house

Here's a short demolition hyperlapse.

Love your video! You have more patience than me. The end result was definitely worth the effort.

However, where in the world are demo workers allowed to work minus safety equipment? Your video would be a great demo for how not to work safely. I didn't see any yellow tape cordoning the danger area, no safety helmets, no reflective vests; in short, it's amazing OSHA wasn't called in to stop the demolition.

Love your video! You have more patience than me. The end result was definitely worth the effort.

However, where in the world are demo workers allowed to work minus safety equipment? Your video would be a great demo for how not to work safely. I didn't see any yellow tape cordoning the danger area, no safety helmets, no reflective vests; in short, it's amazing OSHA wasn't called in to stop the demolition.

The workers didn’t think they had to, it’s their foreman that would get in trouble. I’ve seen that type of work done by low ball bidders that used a rental track hoe, temporary laborers and carried no insurance. I’ve also shut down one demo crew that was taking down a gas station that was still attached to live utilities, and saw another one who’s employee cut into a gas tank they pulled that was not tested. It still had gas vapor in it and it exploded, sending one cap end of the tank across a busy four-lane city street into the second floor of a bank building! The worker was unhurt!

Reactions: Dr. Bill 1969
The workers didn’t think they had to, it’s their foreman that would get in trouble. I’ve seen that type of work done by low ball bidders that used a rental track hoe, temporary laborers and carried no insurance. I’ve also shut down one demo crew that was taking down a gas station that was still attached to live utilities, and saw another one who’s employee cut into a gas tank they pulled that was not tested. It still had gas vapor in it and it exploded, sending one cap end of the tank across a busy four-lane city street into the second floor of a bank building! The worker was unhurt!

Your reply to my question well written and superbly articulated .

It's a shame job sites such as the one video-graphed by you are so common. In the long run unsafe job sites take money out of everyone's pocket, cause life long injuries and in the extreme take lives. Worker compensation fees are increased, health insurance costs rise, general contractor's insurance increases, ad nauseum.

In the end, the consumers pay the price for idiocy

You are correct, I was amazed that some of the workers pulling metal from the debris pile didn't even wear gloves.

Reactions: Dr. Bill 1969
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon