DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking my Mavic 3 to the UK

Richard R

Reactions
I have my Part 107 sUAS here in the USA and plan to take my Mavic 3 over to the UK for a bit. I’ve done some research on the CAA website and elsewhere. I want to do the required training and test prior to leaving. I am not familiar with training resources and would appreciate some recommendations/suggestions please. Thanks.

@Richard R you will need at the very least your operator ID and flyer ID while you intend to fly here in the UK
these can be obtained from the CAA website and will allow you to fly in the open category with your M3
you could also obtain your GVC similar to your part 107 on line, there are several providers of such training such as UAVHUB or HELIGUY and several others ,which would allow you to fly in the specific category ,you would still need the operator and flyer IDs as well
you would have to contact a provider to find out if they could train you as a US citizen

@Richard R you will need at the very least your operator ID and flyer ID while you intend to fly here in the UK
these can be obtained from the CAA website and will allow you to fly in the open category with your M3
you could also obtain your GVC similar to your part 107 on line, there are several providers of such training such as UAVHUB or HELIGUY and several others ,which would allow you to fly in the specific category ,you would still need the operator and flyer IDs as well
you would have to contact a provider to find out if they could train you as a US citizen
@old man mavic Thanks for the confirmation. Are there any useful apps/websites for the UK/EU where you can get flying location tips, safety and discussions etc. I've just downloaded apps Drone Assist, FlySafe and Skywise. Web I found

Particularly interested in local tips from fellow droners as to where to fly.

Thanks,
Richard

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag