DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking my Mavic Pro away on holiday.

Freesigner

Reactions
Hi fellow pilots,

Has a new pilot and most of you might have noticed that it’s been only a couple of weeks of owning my first drone, and wow I’m impressed with my Mavic.
I mentioned back than I was looking forward to taking my Mavic with me for when I go on holiday to Malaysia and Borneo, I travel this Sunday. But I have now learned that I can not take it with me, Malaysian airlines have told me no it’s not allowed.
I have searched everywhere and cannot seem to find anything about it in their regulations. I was so frustrated to hear this.

I have now decided to post on here asking anyone who has travelled to Malaysia if this is right or not. And what can I do, as I would really like to take it with me.

Reactions: MoNoAd
Sounds like a lot of inconsistency with Malaysia air.
Unless the airline does its own baggage check, I don't think they would know if you had a drone or not

Malaysia Airlines

Sounds like a lot of inconsistency with Malaysia air.
Unless the airline does its own baggage check, I don't think they would know if you had a drone or not

Malaysia Airlines[/QUOTE

Hi up here,

Are you referring to checked in luggage or carry on?

I have heard that drones and batteries must be in carry on luggage, because the lithium batteries are not allowed in the checked in luggage.

And besides the way they throw luggage around If it’s in checked in, than Mavic would be in pieces.

I just don’t know what to do?

I went to Cambodia and Bali in November. When we left Cambodia, we had to go to Bali via Kuala Lumpur using 2 flights with Malaysian Airlines.
We got upgraded to business class on both flights :)
I took my Spark as carry on and had no problems at all.

I also went to Borneo last year (amazing place) and flew with MA and had a Phantom 4 with me in its huge backpack.
I put this in the hold and just took the batteries as carry on.
Again, no problems at all.

You'll love Borneo.

I went to Cambodia and Bali in November. When we left Cambodia, we had to go to Bali via Kuala Lumpur using 2 flights with Malaysian Airlines.
We got upgraded to business class on both flights :)
I took my Spark as carry on and had no problems at all.

I also went to Borneo last year (amazing place) and flew with MA and had a Phantom 4 with me in its huge backpack.
I put this in the hold and just took the batteries as carry on.
Again, no problems at all.

You'll love Borneo.

Hi jimmyhillschin,
Last year i want Singapore and Bali and totally loved Bali, just a shame I did not have my Mavic than.

But this time I want too. I’m going to Kota Kinabalu and thought it would be a great place to use the Mavic Pro.

So would you say that I would be better to put it in my holding luggage than. I’m just concerned of having it damaged.

Enjoy guys, I spent 4 years in Brunei, and holidays in Kota Kinabalu, tanjung aru resort, superb.
Even managed to climb mount Kinabalu, and yes, got the T shirt.
To have a drone up there would be fantastic! Look forward to some vidsThumbswayup

Reactions: Freesigner
Hi jimmyhillschin,
Last year i want Singapore and Bali and totally loved Bali, just a shame I did not have my Mavic than.

But this time I want too. I’m going to Kota Kinabalu and thought it would be a great place to use the Mavic Pro.

So would you say that I would be better to put it in my holding luggage than. I’m just concerned of having it damaged.

No, take it in hand luggage.
The reason I put the phantom 4 in the hold was because, in it's hard case, it was just too big with the other along with the other stuff I had.

I just mentioned both just to highlight that I didn't have problems with either on MA flights.

We did Singapore, Borneo and Bali 4 years ago and had to go back to each as we loved them all so much so we put one of each onto the end of our other destinations for the past 3 holidays.
Both times we stayed in Kota Kinabalu.

All 3 are places we could keep going back to, they are just so laid back.

Go and see the Orangutans at Sepilok if you get the chance :)

I'm jealous you are going on Sunday.!!

Make sure to post back on your return with pics and vids.

Have a great time!

Reactions: Freesigner
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne