DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Tank Cars

hank970

Reactions
My photography club has posed a scavenger-hunt challenge for the summer, and one of the twelve thematic requirements is to capture an image that's railroad related. On the way to and from town yesterday, I noticed a long train which consisted solely of tank cars sitting on a siding along I-70 in western Colorado. Multiple engines at the front of the train and one at the rear were idling and their headlights on, but the train was not moving. I hurried home, grabbed my Air 3, and headed back to the site. I launched from a nearby parking area (trespassing on railroad property is prohibited) and hovered the drone just a few feet over one of the cars to simulate standing atop it. One shot was taken using the 24mm camera and the other with the 70mm. I later cropped the photos to portrait orientation in post-processing.

Hank

Attachments

• DJI_20240628130245_0001_D (Custom).jpg
    DJI_20240628130245_0001_D (Custom).jpg
    404 KB · Views: 42
  • DJI_20240628130406_0009_D (Custom).jpg
    DJI_20240628130406_0009_D (Custom).jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 41
My girlfriend in high school was in the photo club and needed a vanishing point perspective shot for a project.

A 35mm Pentax laying on a rail road tie between the rails received a good merit for the shot.

Thanks for sharing hank970.

Nice photos!

Reactions: sarahb
My photography club has posed a scavenger-hunt challenge for the summer, and one of the twelve thematic requirements is to capture an image that's railroad related. On the way to and from town yesterday, I noticed a long train which consisted solely of tank cars sitting on a siding along I-70 in western Colorado. Multiple engines at the front of the train and one at the rear were idling and their headlights on, but the train was not moving. I hurried home, grabbed my Air 3, and headed back to the site. I launched from a nearby parking area (trespassing on railroad property is prohibited) and hovered the drone just a few feet over one of the cars to simulate standing atop it. One shot was taken using the 24mm camera and the other with the 70mm. I later cropped the photos to portrait orientation in post-processing.

Hank
well done

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jabarton44