DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tap Fly / Course Lock

InvisibleName

Reactions
Find it strange / very frustrating (having come from the original MA & DJI Go) that there is no Tap Fly or Course Lock for the MA2.

Cutting corners doesn't make any sense when it's just software. And it has tap to fly like features in the hyperlapse setting.
But you cannot save those photos individually, or have shorter intervals than 6s... Makes for choppy video, that can't be edited all that much.

I asked about this a while ago and never really got an answer. Thanks for confirming this. And yeah , it is really hard to understand what DJI are upto, hopefully they will update the Fly app soon to correct these things.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I have a Mavic mini and am amazed that it does not have a headless mode. While experienced flyers do not see the need, those of us at the novice level which this drone touts, do use the headless mode. My Chroma had this feature and I found it very useful. The Mavic mini is much smaller and much easier to loose sight of. The position indicator is hard to see on a small screen phone and actually is distracting. Adding this mode in the software cannot be that difficult and would be of great help to both the newbee and to those of us that use the device as an aerial camera and want to keep it simple and safe.

Just an FYI...
There is code for Tap to Fly in the DJI Fly app, why it hasn't been enabled/isn't functional I don't know.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
This... Is why I may cancel my order

No 4K Hyperlapse, only 8K unstable videos, no individual files... That's crap DJI... C'mon now.

Just enable the RAW option from the camera settings (you need to have the hyperlapse mode on to do this), then shoot in 1080p 2s intervals.

The drone will make a 1080p mpeg, but you will also get the 4000x3000 (4,3K) RAW photos, then just dump the DNG's into video editing software, and there you have 4K+ footage to edit, crop and stabilize for your liking.

Just enable the RAW option from the camera settings (you need to have the hyperlapse mode on to do this), then shoot in 1080p 2s intervals.

The drone will make a 1080p mpeg, but you will also get the 4000x3000 (4,3K) RAW photos, then just dump the DNG's into video editing software, and there you have 4K+ footage to edit, crop and stabilize for your liking.

A couple 4K Hyperlapse/Timelapse's I did.

My Mavic Pro, & my DJI Go 4 App, which I just purchased, when in couse lock intelligent flight mode...The direction I am physically going to fly in, does not match the little paper airplane heading indicator in degrees. Otherwords... I fly north in course lock, the degrees indicator may say something like 223 degrees. (not correct) Any way to re sync or re set or whatever? Thanks in advance.

My Mavic Pro, & my DJI Go 4 App, which I just purchased, when in couse lock intelligent flight mode...The direction I am physically going to fly in, does not match the little paper airplane heading indicator in degrees. Otherwords... I fly north in course lock, the degrees indicator may say something like 223 degrees. (not correct) Any way to re sync or re set or whatever? Thanks in advance.
You might want to repost this in the correct forum, this is for Mavic Air 2

Reactions: stevenws
Find it strange / very frustrating (having come from the original MA & DJI Go) that there is no Tap Fly or Course Lock for the MA2.
I recently joined the forum also looking for answers on this! Although not perfect, there is a halfway solution for the Mavic Air 2. Using waypoints in Litchi, within mission settings, set Heading mode as User Controlled and Default Gimbal Pitch mode as Disabled. Within a mission, the drone will then fly through the various waypoints while the user is able to manually control the drone orientation and gimbal tilt. The annoying thing still with the Litchi app is that you can't control the drone speed once the mission started. This is something I can control with my Phantom 3 (in the same version of the app), but for some reason not the Mavic Air 2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS