DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tap To Fly? Suggestions?

Air_Deo

Reactions
Hi all,

On the MA1 there was a tap to fly feature where you could tap in the direction of where you wanted your drone to fly so that you could solely focus on your camera gimbal movement on the subject or point of interest without jerky movements made on the sticks.

I can't seem to find this automated feature on the MA2 aside from waypoints in the hyperlapse mode.

Want to do a fly by of a church tower, either overhead or parallel to it, and still maintain manual pan speed to reveal it. I'm guessing maybe auto locking on the tower could work, but I'm unsure if would still have control of the gimbal speed and pitch as I pan up or down as the MA2 approached, and passes, the tower.

Suggestions?

There is no "tap to fly" on the MA2. :( I was also disappointed when I found that they left this wonderful feature out of the MA2. (DJI, WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?)

I do think you could get satisfactory results using the SPOTLIGHT feature. I do believe you can use all pitch and yaw controls while in that mode. Not sure if you can adjust the gimbal though in that mode, since the camera stays focused on your subject.

Here's hoping DJI can find it in their hearts to bring us TAPFLY in a future firmware. ? Maybe even WAYPOINTS too.

The MA2 already is such a consumer magnet and DJI will only be sabotaging the sales of their higher end model (M2P, M2Z) by going all out on the MA2. While it is fully capable of carrying out waypoint missions, I believe they won't allow that until they have reached a point where their current higher end model is no longer the higher end model. In other words, I think more good will happen to the MA2 after the release of the M3.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Air_Deo
The MA2 already is such a consumer magnet and DJI will only be sabotaging the sales of their higher end model (M2P, M2Z) by going all out on the MA2. While it is fully capable of carrying out waypoint missions, I believe they won't allow that until they have reached a point where their current higher end model is no longer the higher end model. In other words, I think more good will happen to the MA2 after the release of the M3.

Just my 2 cents.
I believe there is STILL a great incentive for DJI to add features to the MA2. There are still a lot of people on the fence with the MA2 and are waiting to see what improvements and/or additions are made to it. I don't think adding a feature or two to it will sabotage sales of their higher end drones. There are still good reasons to get the M2P or M2Z or even the future M3's. But when people see that DJI is willing to improve on a product after release, there WILL be many many more sales. By leaving it the way it is having lost features that it's predecessor had 2 years ago, people will think twice about making future purchases from DJI. I know I would most certainly do so. And give more consideration to one of it's competitors. Autel is very intriguing!

I believe the MA2 and the M2P are drones that appeal to two totally different markets. Someone who decides not to get the MA2 because it's lacking a feature or two is most likely NOT going to buy one of the higher end products.

Are there's MY 2 cents. :) or 3 or 4 cents.

There is no "tap to fly" on the MA2. :( I was also disappointed when I found that they left this wonderful feature out of the MA2. (DJI, WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?)

I do think you could get satisfactory results using the SPOTLIGHT feature. I do believe you can use all pitch and yaw controls while in that mode. Not sure if you can adjust the gimbal though in that mode, since the camera stays focused on your subject.

Here's hoping DJI can find it in their hearts to bring us TAPFLY in a future firmware. ? Maybe even WAYPOINTS too.

Not sure we'll see either Tapfly or Waypoints.

As you noted, Focus Track/Spot Light seems to be the reverse of Tapfly. Instead of you controlling camera and the drone flies itself, you control the flying and the drone controls the camera. I actually find this better/more useful, but obviously having both is better than only one or the other.

Yeah I'm thinking spotlight might work, wasn't able to try today due to the wind and gust speed in my area. Thank you'll I'll try that out and let everyone know.

Just my 2 cents.
Definitely possilbe ... would love to see waypoints and/or tap to fly.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs