DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Task Recovery error

RussOnTheRoad

Reactions
I have repeatedly been getting a Task Recovery error message on my Smart Controller that says "Previous flight task error, would you like to recover the previous task?" I'm not sure what this means. It seems that if you don't save a waypoint mission you may have worked on the error shows up the next time you go into waypoints. For example, I opened a previously saved waypoint mission from the Task Library, accidentally added a waypoint, then deleted it and closed the mission using the back button on my Smart Controller. (I see no other way to exit that page.) I didn't change the mission, but the next time I returned to Waypoints the error message popped up. I'm guessing that the software sees any modification to a mission (even if you don't want to save the modified mission) as something that should be saved and it asks you when returning to Waypoints if you want to recover it.

Is my guess about the reason for this error correct or does it mean something else?

It seems to me it would be better to give a user the option to save or not save a mission when leaving the page rather than asking if they want to recover some unknown mission.

I’m getting the same annoying message I tried deleting All my saved way point Missions starting with a clean slate it still hasn’t helped were you able to find a cure

I’m getting the same annoying message I tried deleting All my saved way point Missions starting with a clean slate it still hasn’t helped were you able to find a cure
I'm pretty sure that once we create a Waypoint task (mission) that should we fail to Save it or change a previously saved task in any way, and then leave the Waypoint screen without first saving the task GO4 will show the error message the next time we enter Waypoints in order to give us a second chance to save the task. I see this as both good and bad. It's good if you wanted to save the task but forgot to do so because you now have a second chance to save it, but on the other hand, what if you didn't want to save the changes? When the error message pops up the next time you enter Waypoints, which could be days or weeks later, you have to remember if the last time you made changes to a task whether or not you wanted to save them or keep the original version of the task without the changes you made. What if you can't remember? You could wind up recovering a task with alterations you made that you decided you didn't want thereby losing the original unedited task. It seems there is no way to experiment with changes to a task and abandon those changes without getting the error message.

The workaround I see here is anytime you make changes to a task but decide you don't want to keep the changes would be to Save it As a new task then go into the Task Manager Screen and delete it. My guess is that this will delete the task we don't want to keep while at the same time preventing the error message from appearing the next time we enter Waypoints.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying