DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Telstra add Australia.

bushie

Reactions
Telstra Australia (a telecom company here) is currently running an advert which shows a small drone hovering about 1m above some peoples head. The drone has a sprig of mistletoe suspended under it. It then cuts to a teenager with the RC.

This flight would be completly illegal here and is quiet dangerous.

It sets a very bad example and i am sure kids will try and emulate it.

Reactions: Hardgainer
Telstra Australia (a telecom company here) is currently running an advert which shows a small drone hovering about 1m above some peoples head. The drone has a sprig of mistletoe suspended under it. It then cuts to a teenager with the RC.

This flight would be completly illegal here and is quiet dangerous.

It sets a very bad example and i am sure kids will try and emulate it.
Maybe contact the company and tell them that though they probably have enough invested in producing it that won’t want to pull it.

If it bothers you, complain in writing to the government branch controlling drone laws and demand they prosecute.
OR
Contact them about the commercial and point out that no one was hurt or maimed.

Maybe contact the company and tell them that though they probably have enough invested in producing it that won’t want to pull it.
Have done so.

What concerns me is the sceane depicted could well be copied by new drone v owners who do not know the law or apreciate the danger involved
Have pointed this out to the company.

They might if CASA gets involved, I don't believe there is anything in our drone legislation which would allow such a drone to be operated in such a way.

Telstra Australia (a telecom company here) is currently running an advert which shows a small drone hovering about 1m above some peoples head.
Do you have a copy of the video? Quite curious about it.

The kid with the controller seemingly has no idea how to operate a UAV- you might find that safety measures were implemented.

They might if CASA gets involved, I don't believe there is anything in our drone legislation which would allow such a drone to be operated in such a way.
How big is the drone involved?
Is it indoors or out?

How big is the drone involved?
Is it indoors or out?
Small....

Outdoors....

We see cars doing things in advertisements that are, or at least would be dangerous and in contravention of road rules if it was reality.

Can’t see the issue....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique