DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Terracotta Warriors

MPone

Reactions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In 246 BC, Qin Shi Huang, China’s first emperor, took the throne at just thirteen years old. As ruler of the first Imperial Empire, he is credited with several accomplishments, including standardized scripts and coins, the construction of the Great Wall, and the overall expansion and unification of the state. To celebrate his triumphs and memorialize his life, he ordered the construction of a necropolis in Xi’an, a region dotted with jade mines and rich in gold. He envisioned a complex mausoleum filled with his precious earthly possessions including rare jewels and architectural models as well as thousands of specially made terracotta soldiers to protect him in the afterlife. Though 7,000 laborers dedicated decades to constructing the over the top tomb and necropolis, the site was left unfinished when Qin died in 210 BC. He left a legacy that would make him a towering figure in Chinese history, he had united warring kingdoms into one country, put an end to feudalism, and built the Great Wall that endures today as a monument to his power.

Mind blowing artwork and history. It's near the top on my list of places I'd love to see. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: MPone
Mind blowing artwork and history. It's near the top on my list of places I'd love to see. Thanks for posting.

Yes a great place to visit. Wish I could do a drone fly over the tomb of the first emperor. It's not excavated yet. Air space is really restricted here.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterr