DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Terrific stuttering... what do I miss??

I've no words to thank you. That's a game changer for me.
You should make a tutorial! Pan stuttering is a plague!
I agree that rapid yaw can ruin a clip or any story telling video. I've made a lot of mistakes in my early videos. To mitigate this while shooting, I set my EXP curves pretty steep, and then I've installed the Super-Patcher firmware modification so I can turn the yaw gain down to 1 instead of 50. Then anything that needs smoothing I have FCPX take care of it in post.

I've no words to thank you. That's a game changer for me.
You should make a tutorial! Pan stuttering is a plague!
Truth in advertising, my original statement that FCPX can smooth anything is an exaggeration. There are some clips that just cannot be fixed. For example while flying backwards in strong winds will sometimes cause a "jelly" like wavy results in the video due to the gimbal's inability to compensate. I've never been able to fix such a shot. Also, I've had time lapse clips that stabilization cannot fully fix. But for the most part, FCPX does a pretty good job.

Reactions: Andrea1976
Many NLE (non linear editors) will have these features (caution with optical flow, it may improve your video in some cases, in some circumstances it may make it much worse). I use Edius, it has that I also have Vegas Pro 17, Premiere Pro CS6 and Resolve Studio 16. I have not checked the last 3 (I use Edius predominately) but would be surprised if those features were not available. Check out Resolve (not Studio), it is free an a very powerful editor. In the end, nothing beats taking a good video in the first place, the first is to be very steady and pan very sloooowwwwly.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98