DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing the potential for the Mavic to do car shoots.

JoeCec

Reactions
This is a clip i shot of my jetta testing the potential use for car shoots. Let me know what you think.

Nice video.....it would be better if the poi mode would let you set the altitude lower than around 17 feet and even better the new helix mode for the spark should be made available for the mavic asap.

This is a clip i shot of my jetta testing the potential use for car shoots. Let me know what you think.

I don't think much is gained over a Gopro for an car shoot. The Mavic is more suited to larger objects like a house where you can't get the same effect with a Gopro. That's just my opinion, good luck.

I don't think much is gained over a Gopro for an car shoot. The Mavic is more suited to larger objects like a house where you can't get the same effect with a Gopro. That's just my opinion, good luck.
Except wide angle distortion and depth. Hand stabilized over 3 axis gimble, the ability to do ascending above vehicle shots..

Nice video.....it would be better if the poi mode would let you set the altitude lower than around 17 feet and even better the new helix mode for the spark should be made available for the mavic asap.
I agree 100%!! It should be at pilots discretion at which altitude he/she wants to fly... I had this problem yesterday as I was trying to get low in shots as we were flying around the seadoo (stationary and moving). I want the close in tight shots which means manually flying, which isn't possible while "safely" controlling a watercraft.

Reactions: Davidwh
I'd keep the perspective as if a person is walking around checking the integrity of the car's body... that sort of distance. You've got a few shots like that in the middle of the clip, including the aforementioned slo-mo pan.
The initial and final shots from further away add little value for your intended use IMO.

Reactions: JoeCec
I'd keep the perspective as if a person is walking around checking the integrity of the car's body... that sort of distance. You've got a few shots like that in the middle of the clip, including the aforementioned slo-mo pan.
The initial and final shots from further away add little value for your intended use IMO.
Thank you for your recommendations. I will keep that in mind and make better quality, close in shots next time! Thumbswayup

I've found using Tripod mode and highlighting the vehicle to track to be the best stability and quality.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54