DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Texting Gloves

Rchawks

Reactions
With cold weather here I realized keeping the hands warm and still being able to adjust the screen controls will require some kind of gloves or hand protection. Do any of you use (texting) gloves?

I just bought a pair of those "Texting" gloves. Haven't had any real opportunity to test them in the field yet. A quick trial when I received them showed that they do work, but I wonder about how precise they will be when it comes to some of the small icons on the GO 4 App's screen.

I know on the iPad mini 5 the stylus option doesn't work, wish it did. Thanks for the input guys. Someone I know offered to let me try theirs so see what I thought.

Hello RCHawks:

I use a pair of light weight full fingered mountain biking gloves that have “texting” pads on the tips of index fingers and thumbs. They work moderately well but it is important to have your index finger or thumb fully at the end of the glove - thus you might try a slightly smaller size. I like the lightweight nature as they provide good feel on the sticks. Here’s a link to the gloves I’m using:

I did not initially choose them for piloting - they are my regular mountain biking gloves which I tried for piloting while out on a ride. However they worked well enough that I bought a separate, clean pair for the flight bag. If you ride mountain bikes in the winter you might appreciate the special nature of “clean”.....

Howard Snell

Hello RCHawks:

I use a pair of light weight full fingered mountain biking gloves that have “texting” pads on the tips of index fingers and thumbs. They work moderately well but it is important to have your index finger or thumb fully at the end of the glove - thus you might try a slightly smaller size. I like the lightweight nature as they provide good feel on the sticks. Here’s a link to the gloves I’m using:

I did not initially choose them for piloting - they are my regular mountain biking gloves which I tried for piloting while out on a ride. However they worked well enough that I bought a separate, clean pair for the flight bag. If you ride mountain bikes in the winter you might appreciate the special nature of “clean”.....

Howard Snell
Thank you Howard, I'll check this out. I like the sound of the usefulness of the gloves!

Besides the gloves, I put a small magnifying glass with a touch tip on a small bungee cord. So if I need to be precise, it's an option. I fly my Air 2, with an iPad Mini 5.

Attachments

• magpic.jpg
    magpic.jpg
    299.5 KB · Views: 7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member