DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thai and Bangkok airways policy??

Mycallhill

Reactions
Anyone taken drone on these carriers;I have lipo bag for lithium battery’s but read Emirates actually request drone is taken in hold??

The reply above is correct - just search the airline website. I flew Thai last year and had no problems at all. Drone and batts in my cabin bag and batts isolated as usual. I was transiting from Australia with connections in Bangkok. I did hear you can get into trouble flying in Thailand, if you aren’t careful. I am sure someone on here can advise.

I have flown with Malindo and Thai to Thailand with my drone and batteries in Camera bag along with other camera gear. No lipo bags and used batteries to recharge my phone in flight. No problems.

As for flying in Thailand I did not fly near airports or large towns. Just checked with locals, resort managers etc and had no problems.

Reactions: Gindra
Cheers guys;I contacted both airlines and both replied promptly;both good to take as cabin baggage;battery removed;Bangkok airways just asked for details of the drone and battery size;booking Id to make note on the system;as for flying in Thailand I did look at going official but time aspect is against me;as previous posting I intend to use in quiet locations on some of the islands I will be visiting;thanks

Cheers guys;I contacted both airlines and both replied promptly;both good to take as cabin baggage;battery removed;Bangkok airways just asked for details of the drone and battery size;booking Id to make note on the system;as for flying in Thailand I did look at going official but time aspect is against me;as previous posting I intend to use in quiet locations on some of the islands I will be visiting;thanks

Enjoy Thailand; and the guys above pointed you in the right direction. In 2018, when the government had a massive push to register each and every drone in Thailand, it was a bit of an issue but now it's quieted down and I just take mine as carry on for all internal flights (I live in Thailand) and as for flying, common sense of course plus asking first in most locations gets you a long way. I've had a few people tell me no, when asking for permission and I just put my drone back in my bag, no need to create more negativity around the hobby.

Good luck and happy flying!

Nice thread with lots of generous advice. As an aside (apols for going off topic ish), it was very sad to hear about the Thai service person who was in the cave rescue team last year. Apparently they died of an infection arising from an injury sustained during the rescue. That’s two brave souls now...

Reactions: bushie
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive