DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thailand bans drones

Zoro

Reactions
Thailand has a ban on drones for 90 days in respect for the King. 5 years in jail and $100,000 Bhat fine, if you are caught flying a drone. I don't have a link, but my Thai wife told me tonight after reading on her facebook.

Reactions: xyz1102
Thailand has a ban on drones for 90 days in respect for the King. 5 years in jail and $100,000 Bhat fine, if you are caught flying a drone. I don't have a link, but my Thai wife told me tonight after reading on her facebook.
Nope u have to register drones within 90 days.

Reactions: Lailert
correct details in this post Drones Banned Bangkok October during Royal Cremation
22045836_10154631606741920_6793859251320640804_n.jpg

since that post was released a further update around 10th October indicating that all drones regardless of size must now be registered in Thailand within 90 days, however it's a very confusing topic with everyone speculating so check thoroughly (which i have not as yet)

Reactions: Lailert

No they haven't. There is a 19km exclusion zone for this month in Bangkok because of the kings cremation. That isn't for the rest of the country. The CAAT website has the PDF.
The other thing that was brought in a while ago was registration.
Neither of those are a ban.

No they haven't. There is a 19km exclusion zone for this month in Bangkok because of the kings cremation. That isn't for the rest of the country. The CAAT website has the PDF.
The other thing that was brought in a while ago was registration.
Neither of those are a ban.

please see this news flash article 11th October 2017 - link called UNREGISTERED DRONES BANNED
NOTE IS WAS RELEASED ON 11/10/17 and copied everywhere .. I copied the article to this page and added specific points

that it was announced by the NBTC not CAT and I can not find any official / formal information and have asked others that continue to spread the speculation (fuel the fire) to kindly send me a link to ratify the facts

as it stands various reputable news / media entities have reported the statement but there is not link to an official doc?

Yes there is a whopper Ban in Bangkok during the royal Cremation - link but the additional newsflash re all unreg drones are banned can't be found in CAT website .. the same website has other articles including archives which give good definition of which drones to and do not require registration which was published some months ago. cheers

In the USA this would be called a TFR (temporary flight restriction)...kinda.
Interesting aspect of this one is military authority to shoot down offending drones.

I have a Thai daughter-in-law...considering how loved their King was, and knowing a bit about their culture this comes as no surprise.

Respect their culture and comply...simple as that.

Fly safe!

Reactions: Luckyroo
Total respect for them. Rules are rules and we know lots of drone pilots don't respect anything. Here in Brazil all drones have to be registered. I have both Spark and Mavic registered since they entered in Brazilian territory. I'm pilot airplanes and I know for sure that a drone can take lifes. In my opinion, the drones has to be registered and the drone pilots has to study and get a license. Even for drones like Spark.
f2fc854732d8bde9b673874af8833c0d.jpg

Total respect for them. Rules are rules and we know lots of drone pilots don't respect anything. Here in Brazil all drones have to be registered. I have both Spark and Mavic registered since they entered in Brazilian territory. I'm pilot airplanes and I know for sure that a drone can take lifes. In my opinion, the drones has to be registered and the drone pilots has to study and get a license. Even for drones like Spark.
f2fc854732d8bde9b673874af8833c0d.jpg
Agree
need a licenced and registration .. and like a car (possibly planes) the condition changes according to the size / power
some drones are micro (nano) and can't fly more than 15 mtrs and cost 1500bt which is less the the reg and ins costs whereas others larger size with weight and speed carry a greater threat of injury to property and person and so that pilot needs to prove skills thereto.

good luck all good dronies

Reactions: kantek
I have the paperwork that is required by Thailand that needs to be completed and sent in to them. They stated it takes around 60 days to obtain the permit.
If anyone wants a copy, please PM me.

Reactions: mmunchies
Email this company:

[email protected]

This is what they emailed me.

As your request insurance for your Mavic Pro,

We have insurance plan A for Third party liability that is OK for CAAT requirement.

For Third party liability Insurance Plan A, premium is 3,000 THB. (Per year)

Plus our service fee for foreigner from abroad is 1,500 THB.

Total amount is 4,500 THB.

* Insurance only, no CAAT registration agent service in this package.

* This is not buy insurance directly online but we will provide drone insurance as your request.

Just be patient for a reply as they do take a few days to get back to you.

If the CAAT accept all that keep this thread updated.
Useful for me as im moving there for work very shortly.

If you have no current registration the advice from dronethaiinsurance is not to fly for the next 90 days.

I have the paperwork that is required by Thailand that needs to be completed and sent in to them. They stated it takes around 60 days to obtain the permit.
Hi, I'll need.

Here are the docs if anyone wants them.

Attachments

• Consent-to-the-Disclosure-of-Personal-Information.pdf
    281.8 KB · Views: 25
  • UAV-Registration-Application-Form.pdf
    234.9 KB · Views: 24
Email this company:

[email protected]

This is what they emailed me.

As your request insurance for your Mavic Pro,

We have insurance plan A for Third party liability that is OK for CAAT requirement.

For Third party liability Insurance Plan A, premium is 3,000 THB. (Per year)

Plus our service fee for foreigner from abroad is 1,500 THB.

Total amount is 4,500 THB.

* Insurance only, no CAAT registration agent service in this package.

* This is not buy insurance directly online but we will provide drone insurance as your request.

Just be patient for a reply as they do take a few days to get back to you.

Can i understand better that it extends to the entire of Thailand? I am actually looking to have some flight time around Chiang Mai was wondering if it does cover. Secondly, do they do per flight day or just Annual only? :D thank you in advance

No worries, it's cool. thanks for the help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98