DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

THAILAND

Gary cato

Reactions
Just arrived my GF picked up my second Mavic from a DJI dealer he said he had done everything for me and he had, first thing on landing .set it all up in settings and yea he set it up alright ha ha Altitude set at 500m and GEO turned off seems he is used to people not following rules here. Actualky there are very few rules here at present except the hotel i am in which just asked me not to fly from the private jetty. Shame as it is right on top of where i want to test the Mavic on a long flight down river. Also cantdo a compass dance as to much interference here so tom ioff to find a park then back tor the river from somewhere more drone friemdly.the hotel say to many idiots with cheap drones buzzing around the people. I understand that. So out exploring Bangkok in morning.

Reactions: CanberraMavic
Just arrived my GF picked up my second Mavic from a DJI dealer he said he had done everything for me and he had, first thing on landing .set it all up in settings and yea he set it up alright ha ha Altitude set at 500m and GEO turned off seems he is used to people not following rules here. Actualky there are very few rules here at present except the hotel i am in which just asked me not to fly from the private jetty. Shame as it is right on top of where i want to test the Mavic on a long flight down river. Also cantdo a compass dance as to much interference here so tom ioff to find a park then back tor the river from somewhere more drone friemdly.the hotel say to many idiots with cheap drones buzzing around the people. I understand that. So out exploring Bangkok in morning.
You didn't do your research. There are rather strict laws. You may not fly higher than 90m, you may not fly around crowds, you may not fly around sensitive situations, like mobs, accidents, or events requiring law enforcement, YOUR DRONE CAN AND WILL GET SHOT DOWN IF CAUGHT VIOLATING THESE RULES, violators can suffer a fine of up to $1000 and up to 1 year and prison.

I researched these laws everywhere and know a native drone operator in Thailand who is very familiar with the regulations.

You didn't do your research. There are rather strict laws. You may not fly higher than 90m, you may not fly around crowds, you may not fly around sensitive situations, like mobs, accidents, or events requiring law enforcement, YOUR DRONE CAN AND WILL GET SHOT DOWN IF CAUGHT VIOLATING THESE RULES, violators can suffer a fine of up to $1000 and up to 1 year and prison.

I researched these laws everywhere and know a native drone operator in Thailand who is very familiar with the regulations.
I have lived here for ten years research means nothing dont tell me what the rules sre unless u actualkybinow how a country operates

I have lived here for ten years research means nothing dont tell me what the rules sre unless u actually kniw how a country operates
Oh and i have shot guns after being drunk with police officers as wellas bedn flying drones here with police and army. Maybe u should visit and live here to see how the law actually works that is far safer than reading a book in this country

Oh and i have shot guns after being drunk with police officers as wellas bedn flying drones here with police and army. Maybe u should visit and live here to see how the law actually works that is far safer than reading a book in this country
I've been to Thailand, and I know almost nothing is ever enforced. But still, you would be SOL if you ever encounter an officer that does decide to enforce. Just saying.

one other thing i never mentioned flying at500 m or around crowds or that i did not know the rules here Assumption is a terrible thing maybe u should have asked questions before getting on your high horse

Wow....and I was expecting to see a Mavic video of a beautiful country when I saw the title. Hopefully we'll get to see some soon!

Last edited:
Wow....and I was expecting to see a Mavic video of a beautiful country when I saw the title. Hopefully we'll get to see some soon!

I live in Thailand and am gathering up vids from my Mavic Pro.

To the OPs point the laws are written about them but they are not enforced as they simply do not have enough forces to do it. It would be hard to have a drone taken here unless you were a total knucklehead and flew it around temples or grand palace. I live up North and it's a blast to fly.

Reactions: cwquek
I live in Thailand and am gathering up vids from my Mavic Pro.

To the OPs point the laws are written about them but they are not enforced as they simply do not have enough forces to do it. It would be hard to have a drone taken here unless you were a total knucklehead and flew it around temples or grand palace. I live up North and it's a blast to fly.
M in Bangkok before London back inApril raining in Bkk today but gonna go look at Lumpini 350 Rai must be somewhere to hide lol. April i will be back and go filming in North and the islands around Rayong.

I have to agree with the OP. While many things in Thailand are illegal, the lack of enforcement is rampant. The OP is very right in the fact that knowing a few BiB (Boys in Brown), will clear up almost any issue you encounter.

In my first trip I used LinkedIn to meet a few of the local police commanders for "business meetings". After a couple of lunches and a night on the town with a few of the guys, I had carte blanche in Bangkok.

Every trip I let them know I'm going to be around and I keep their contacts and business cards warm. The Land of Smiles is hard to beat for a place to get things done the old fashioned way.

Heading back in May for a consulting gig and will take my Mavic along for the ride.

Which hotel wouldn't let you fly? I'm staying at the Hilton on Soi 24 this trip and their pool area would be an awesome take off spot for the MP.

Reactions: cwquek
I have to agree with the OP. While many things in Thailand are illegal, the lack of enforcement is rampant. The OP is very right in the fact that knowing a few BiB (Boys in Brown), will clear up almost any issue you encounter.

In my first trip I used LinkedIn to meet a few of the local police commanders for "business meetings". After a couple of lunches and a night on the town with a few of the guys, I had carte blanche in Bangkok.

Every trip I let them know I'm going to be around and I keep their contacts and business cards warm. The Land of Smiles is hard to beat for a place to get things done the old fashioned way.

Heading back in May for a consulting gig and will take my Mavic along for the ride.

Which hotel wouldn't let you fly? I'm staying at the Hilton on Soi 24 this trip and their pool area would be an awesome take off spot for the MP.
Chatrium riverside i know a couple of hotel managers one in asoke and one onthe river iwill call them inApril theywill be fine i want to get The golden bridge by Asiatique around sunset going to put 500 baht in my pocket lol for emergencies and go scout around but rain may stop play

Ah the rain. The only down side to LOS. I was also thinking about doing something near Asiatique.

My plan was to hire a river boat as my launch and run it from there.

I would probably take a bit more baht if I end up giving that a shot. Just in case.

I live in Thailand. I wouldn't personally fly my Mavic in BKK. Get outside the area and it's fun. I enjoy flying over the Chaophraya river or some of the lakes in the North. I will do some island vids in a few weeks.

Flying any drone anywhere just requires some common sense. While I always push the limits with any hobby I have I do have a threshold.

Ah the rain. The only down side to LOS. I was also thinking about doing something near Asiatique.

I would probably take a bit more baht if I end up giving that a shot. Just in case.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Bankok no setting changes straight from box

I am going to take a look around Asiatique tonight am sure there are many places especially on the oppsite side of the river. If i get time i will take a look tonight.

Ok so just been to Asiatique . I took off from the car park opposite. One tall building circa 700 feet apart from that it is clear and the building is avoidable from car park with clear line of sight right over Asiatique. Iflew there at 65m then hovered at 50. I had a spotter at the asiatique wheel watching for anything i did not spot beforehand. No one even blinked including the car park guards when i took off. The footage i took is ok as i did not set anything up just flew stock settings so icould watch the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahim49