DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks Dji, Mavic Air

dewr83

Reactions
**Edited for misunderstanding**

This is not about compare with Mavic Air and Air 2 .. its all about policies of DJI. and thats all my thoughts..

I would like to say something about mavic air and Dji after 2 years..
I bought my mavic air 2 years ago in april 2018.. i paid too much money from the rest of the world because i live in Turkey and here specific hobbies are expensive..
Also i bought it from offical market.. not any un offical market..
i flew arround 50 times since i bought it because again in Tukey, there are strict rules for fliying with your drone.. You can't take permission easily if your drone is under under 500gr.
and now what am i thinking when i see mavic air 2 ?

i feel that i waste my money.. they stoped to sell mavic air at their sales market.. i have never seen like this for mavic pro or p3-4 series.. just only spark but this is not spark..

There must be exchange campaign for DJI MAVIC AIR users..

I hope ı could explain..

Last edited:
Reactions: Leedaddy1
HelIo in Turkey! hear you, they came out with something so much nicer and desirable for less, which feels like it has removed all value from your Air. It would be nice if they offered an exchange program, like you suggest. I wouldn't hold my breath, but maybe they will do something since there have been a number of issues with the Air. Let's hope...

Reactions: MavicFlyer
From DJI web HERE is their link for the Where Can I Apply for DJI Trade Up? program

@dewr83 I am really not getting your lamentation here. If anything, DJI should be commended for introducing a massively upgraded model at the same price point to the original Air. I too have the Air and I bought it knowing full well it was not the best of drones. But it was more than what I expected it to be and it is still going strong despite a few hiccups here and there. Yes the original Air looks rubbish compared to this new one but do I regret buying it? Not for a single minute. It has given me hours worth of enjoyment and pretty decent footage every now and then. It is my first real drone and I have learned a ton with it - and not just about flying but also about photography, videography, and editing. And at 2 years between the MA1 and the MA2, DJI certainly can't be blamed for undercutting its old model. So, yeah, not really getting what you are on about.

@dewr83 I am really not getting your lamentation here. If anything, DJI should be commended for introducing a massively upgraded model at the same price point to the original Air. I too have the Air and I bought it knowing full well it was not the best of drones. But it was more than what I expected it to be and it is still going strong despite a few hiccups here and there. Yes the original Air looks rubbish compared to this new one but do I regret buying it? Not for a single minute. It has given me hours worth of enjoyment and pretty decent footage every now and then. It is my first real drone and I have learned a ton with it - and not just about flying but also about photography, videography, and editing. And at 2 years between the MA1 and the MA2, DJI certainly can't be blamed for undercutting its old model. So, yeah, not really getting what you are on about.

Thanks for your answer.. i didn't write anything about mavic air specifactions or mavic air 2 specs.. i didn't compare them.. Also if the majority approves of their sales policies like this, i have no words to say..

Thanks for your answer.. i didn't write anything about mavic air specifactions or mavic air 2 specs.. i didn't compare them.. Also if the majority approves of their sales policies like this, i have no words to say..
OK then. It was very hard to figure out what your post was about, so there is every chance that I may have misread you.

OK then. It was very hard to figure out what your post was about, so there is every chance that I may have misread you.

Thanks for your understanding.. i edited some of the part.. i hope it should be easy to understand for people..

Wait, so you have not compared the specs of the Air to the Air 2, yet in your first post it says:

and now what am i thinking when i see mavic air 2 ?

Clearly implying you have on some level compared them in order for you to feel the need to have started this thread. I am really not sure what your complaint is, the Air 1 was (and still is) a great drone for the majority of people who use it. But, the technology in that drone is going to be around 3 years old and so of course, the new one is going to be improved and it is excellent that DJI are able to not increase the price point of it.

If you are upset that the Air 2 is over 500g and will make it more difficult to fly in Turkey, again, this contradicts with you saying you have not compared the specs of you would not be aware of the heavier weight of the Air 2.

Is there something that your Air is not able to accomplish? Again, if you are annoyed that the battery for example is only rated at 21 minutes but the Air 2 is rated at 34 minutes, that's technology. You only have to look at cellphones to see how battery life has improved over the years. Size and weight, look at a car built 20 years ago to a comparable car built today, use the Audi A4 as an example, a B5 generation A4 is no bigger / heavier than an A3 built today.

Unless you have some reason that your Air is no longer functioning as you expect it to be, then I cannot understand how you see it that DJI stole your money. They released a product that you purchased 2 years ago and I would assume, have been happy with for those 2 years. You cannot blame DJI for the price in Turkey, or the restrictions on flight. They released a product, you bought it, used it for 2 years and now with the release of the Air 2 are unhappy. That's like me saying I bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 a couple years ago, but am now angry with Samsung that they released a Note 10+

Reactions: NAVMAV and gyrex
@naiku thank you..

well.. there is only one point that i can agree with you about stole meanings.. but i deleted it because i cant explain rightly..
but otherwise i can't agree with and i dont have to be.. you gave some samples but this is not car .

about the rules.. here you can take permission at online system if your drone is above 500gr.. if its not, you have to fill some documents and post it to civil aviation. and again there is not any compare with air2 ..

Question.
Are you still driving the same car from 20 years ago?

I still don't understand what the actual problem is, you've said DJI didn't do this with the Mavic Pro but they did offer major upgrades for the same price a couple of years later with the Mavic 2. What is the problem specifically with the Air that's different to the Mavic Pro?

i feel that i waste my money.. they stoped to sell mavic air at their sales market.. i have never seen like this for mavic pro or p3-4 series.. just only spark but this is not spark..

DJI have stopped selling the Mavic 1 pro as it's been replaced by the Mavic 2. Even then it doesn't matter if they still sell the product or not, it's the nature of technology that there will be newer models out which will be better than older ones which at the same time doesn't mean the older ones are useless. The Mavic Air has the same functionality as it did when you bought it and the Air 2 doesn't change that.

I did buy a Mavic 1 Pro when it was released thinking DJI wouldn't launch a smaller drone with a 1in sensor which I was wrong about but it was my choice to buy the original Mavic knowing there would be a better one later which I don't blame DJI for.

Last edited:
OK guys i just tried to clean this thread up.
Seems we have a communication problem here so give the guy a break.
Anymore unnecessary post that are off topic or rude will dealt with and i will issue warnings from here out.
Be civil guys you are better than what i just disposed of.
Got an issue with this post message me Do not post it.

Reactions: NAVMAV
Hi, i understand your feelings. Im also from Turkey. Taxes are crazy out here. Also other conditions are well..

But i just dont understed why you are feeling like wasted your money. I know Mavic Air 2 is really good and have a lot of remarkable improvements and im jealous with my Mavic Air.
I had good time, good footages, good memories with it. Didnt think it wasnt worth for once.

Hi Rtakak.. its nice to see you here.. you're new member.. nice

Now please tell me which other conditions are well? I couldnt understand what you mean ?

I don't want to try explain again because nobody want to see that dji give up from mavic air.. Why ? Whats the reason ? New technology on used Mavic air 2 ? ofcourse not.. They give up because they didn't find better solution for mavic air problems.. thats the problem...

Which mavic air owner can say '' i can fly fearlessly with my mavic air every where '' :) No one...

Look at the mavic air 2.. it's not look alike as born of mavic air.they are not in same line. its a ''Mavic Medium''
Some of the guys imitate it like buy a car or samsung phone but they forgat that you can always exchange your car or samsung phone while buying new ones.. its not simple like as their toughts..

soo they have to start exchange program for mavic air owner .. That's all .. They could start it with launch but they didn't..

i answered you because you're from istanbul and i wondered that conditions..

Yeah i just joined here for give a reply :)

About those conditions i meant services, accessories's price and availability. But also it was meant for your problems.

Actually i dont have any issue with my Mavic Air.
What do you expect from DJI? That drove you to thought of DJI give up on MA.
I think all is good. Just they could send hyperlapse update to ours since it is in software side and it wouldn't harm the big new guys.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111