DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

That little dab of glue on the screw next to the gimbal... If it's gone does that void my DJI Care Refresh?

If you're concerned, just put a dab of transparent glue in the head of the screw... ;)

Also... check your local laws. For example in Europe, DJI (actually, your retailer, but you know what I mean) is obliged to provide implied 2-year warranty and they cannot refuse repairing a product that has been opened/modified/hacked unless they can prove the modification was a direct cause of a malfunction. Just like phone manufacturers can't deny you warranty if you root the phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. A bit concerned. I'm debating whether to repair my M2Z myself or use DJI Care Refresh. I'm pretty handy working with tiny screws, small parts etc... I'm curious as to whether I can take the M2Z apart, dry everything out with anhydrous calcium chloride for 48 hours, reassemble and see if it might work. My gut feeling is, however, to use the Care Refresh.

Peace & Regards,

remotepilot

Yeah. A bit concerned. I'm debating whether to repair my M2Z myself or use DJI Care Refresh. I'm pretty handy working with tiny screws, small parts etc... I'm curious as to whether I can take the M2Z apart, dry everything out with anhydrous calcium chloride for 48 hours, reassemble and see if it might work. My gut feeling is, however, to use the Care Refresh.

Peace & Regards,

remotepilot
If you have refresh, I recommend using it. I found it painless except for the week without my bird. Be sure and test the drone they send. Mine looked and performed as new, but it will be a replacement drone. DJI automatically puts the new SN in your policy.

plumber tape around the screw? I know most are small, but I wonder if that would hold them in better. But using the refresh is probably a better solution.

It voids the warranty, but not Care Refresh which doesn't care about the cause of the claim apart from intentional destruction.

I check mine on a regular basis (about every other flight), and I do find one or two that usually need tighten.
So far have not lost any. No crashes or hard landings yet but I wonder what will happen when that does occur.
I do not currently have refresh on drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs