DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

That sick feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
CASA definately will not pursue this. They are actually tired of the amount of whale pics and vids that get submitted to them Apparently nearly every Facebook whale vid inspires the drone police to report this for the safety of mankind.
Parks can issue an on spot fine of $135 for flying within 100m without a permit, but I’m unaware of any of these fines being issued to date
I’m not sure is CASA cares about whales that are 7800km of the Australian coast.

But if I do ever need to apply for an Australian Visa, I’ll be sure to remind them that I no longer pose any airborne threat to the Australian whale community.

Reactions: Drgnfli and NetDep
i wasnt talking about your case specifically, but on drones filming whales in general on our coast

i wasnt talking about your case specifically, but on drones filming whales in general on our coast
Thumbswayup
Poor Australian whales... missing out on a whole lot of fun, trying to shoot down drones with their blowholes!

I've been whale watching recently, got some lovely footage this morning of a whale playing with her calf. Flew through 2 batteries, went to charge them and back to ocean, flew out to where a whale sort of was... (difficult finding whales precisely, normally involves myself and my wife as spotter, directing me towards the splashes)

My wife was busy talking to an old friend we bumped into on the beach, kids where playing on the rocks, I took off goggles and put down controller to talk to kids, then saw whale a bit off from where I was. Grabbed controller, pulled back on stick without looking at screen, and 4 seconds later when looked down saw the black screen and 'no signal' - pulled left stick instead of right. Drops 4m very quickly.

Insurance only covers theft, no cover when flying...

So here is the last picture from old Droney, hopefully I can one day continue with this great hobby. View attachment 44974

That’s a truly awesome photo. I’m guessing that she has just given birth and is pushing the calf up for its first breath. Whatever she’s doing it’s awesome, surely a photo like that has Gota be worth something.

Reactions: conchman
Our uni guys are flying their drones down into the blow holes and collecting blowhole stuff for research. They are amazed with what they have been able to learn

That’s a truly awesome photo. I’m guessing that she has just given birth and is pushing the calf up for its first breath. Whatever she’s doing it’s awesome, surely a photo like that has Gota be worth something.
I'll post the video soon...

She was lifting it up and flipping it over, seemed like a game

Reactions: JDawg and choo choo
Im sorry about your drone, but that picture is worth 1,000 dollars.

Thanks to local tarrifs etc, the cost of a replacement, reconditioned, mavic only (no controller), is equivalent to US$1100.

So you where a little out, And I am a little poorer. (Or my home loan is a little less paid)

I considered jumping in for a Mavic2Pro, but at equivalent of US$2100 for bird or US$2400 for flymore, was a little too steep to spend. Still hoping to get something out of insurance, I claimed I dropped my camera equipment into the ocean. Which is true. Depends on how they interpret 'camera equipment' and 'dropped'

I've been whale watching recently, got some lovely footage this morning of a whale playing with her calf. Flew through 2 batteries, went to charge them and back to ocean, flew out to where a whale sort of was... (difficult finding whales precisely, normally involves myself and my wife as spotter, directing me towards the splashes)

My wife was busy talking to an old friend we bumped into on the beach, kids where playing on the rocks, I took off goggles and put down controller to talk to kids, then saw whale a bit off from where I was. Grabbed controller, pulled back on stick without looking at screen, and 4 seconds later when looked down saw the black screen and 'no signal' - pulled left stick instead of right. Drops 4m very quickly.

So here is the last picture from old Droney, hopefully I can one day continue with this great hobby. View attachment 44974
Great shot! I make sure to buy the DJI care with all drones. That kind of flying you need a replacement option that won’t break the bank. Get back on that horse!

Should have had State Farm Ins they covered me when I lost my mavic in the water

That is a truly stunning picture!! Such a shame about your drone. I hope you're up and running again soon and taking more. Thanks.

Lovely pic. Sorry about the drone. The lesson is never stop being the pilot in charge once the aircraft is airborne and never take eyes off either the Mavic or the screen. If I really need to look away I climb first. Nothing like altitude to provide options to an aircraft.

I have often have people walk up to me in parks and always keep my eyes on. If the person is really interested and the drone is close, I land and then explain what I am doing, show them the screen, sensors flight play back, pictures etc. Bit of PR for the DJI community. I am frequently asked the price!

Conservation is a real issue and it is best to give these wonderful creatures a bit of room. Whether it is 100m or less we should be considerate. Still a nice pic!

But you did introduce what amounts to an entire box of plastic straws into the ocean.
You probably choked the whale to death, or gave it a heart attack.
The Envirostapostazi will be by shortly to collect your soul.
Seriously??? Get a grip!

Lovely pic. Sorry about the drone. The lesson is never stop being the pilot in charge once the aircraft is airborne and never take eyes off either the Mavic or the screen. If I really need to look away I climb first. Nothing like altitude to provide options to an aircraft.

I have often have people walk up to me in parks and always keep my eyes on. If the person is really interested and the drone is close, I land and then explain what I am doing, show them the screen, sensors flight play back, pictures etc. Bit of PR for the DJI community. I am frequently asked the price!

Conservation is a real issue and it is best to give these wonderful creatures a bit of room. Whether it is 100m or less we should be considerate. Still a nice pic!

The dolphins actually seem to enjoy the drone, the lower the altitude the more they show off! Or more likely, they just don't care, and the lower the altitude the more you see them showing off!

The whales don't seem to care either. They just do their thing, whatever that was before you got there. Whatever I have seen them doing from shore before taking off, they continue to do when flying above them. I think boats would be more stressful up close.

Seriously, comprehension works

After dealing with Humpback whales for many years, I believe I have the comprehension necessary for my comment. Both dolphins and whales are much much more intelligent than most people can imagine!

Mama whales often piggyback their baby when born, as will members of the pod! The interactions between themselves are truly amazing!!!

Reactions: choo choo
After dealing with Humpback whales for many years, I believe I have the comprehension necessary for my comment. Both dolphins and whales are much much more intelligent than most people can imagine!

You may comprehend whales, but humans, not so much.

Reactions: RichieGG and Kilrah
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes