DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

That's what the Mini is made for :)

From what I can gather from the the forum the answer to your question - "What is the Mavic Mini made for?" It seems they are made for 1 of 3 things- "crash, Fly away, replace".

I don't understand all the fly-aways. I calibrate the compass before every flight, and the connection's been rock solid!

I don't understand all the fly-aways. I calibrate the compass before every flight, and the connection's been rock solid!
you shouldn't have to calibrate before every flight unless it asks for a calibration,the so called fly aways have mostly been down to flying to high in windy conditions and the MM not having enough power to overcome the wind to get back calibrating the compass will not make any difference in those cases

Reactions: dirkclod
you shouldn't have to calibrate before every flight unless it asks for a calibration,the so called fly aways have mostly been down to flying to high in windy conditions and the MM not having enough power to overcome the wind to get back calibrating the compass will not make any difference in those cases

That's probably exactly why people have fly-aways. I was asked to calibrate the compass before every flight with my Spark, so I do it with the Mini to be safe... hence, no fly-aways or errors even in windy conditions!

That's probably exactly why people have fly-aways. I was asked to calibrate the compass before every flight with my Spark, so I do it with the Mini to be safe... hence, no fly-aways or errors even in windy conditions!
if that is what you feel happy doing ,then carry on it is your drone ,i have only calibrated my MPP ,and MM once, and i have had no issues,my MPP was done more than a year ago

Reactions: WooZie
when i went in vacation in europe, wien, budapest, etc, on every location i had to calibrate the compass, because the drone asked me for that, but when i fly in my city bucharest it don't ask for calibrate, i think the drone only asks after many km distance, am i right?
one more question, when you calibrate the drone do you calibrate the phone too? I have seen when the symbol does not show correct the position of the drone, after the calibration of phone it shows correct the position

Last edited:
if it is asking for a calibration it means that there are a lot metal objects confusing the compass it could be rebar in the ground or metal structures close to the drone ,sometimes just moving a few feet will be enough to correct it

Reactions: netsonic and WooZie
Mine asked to be calibrated even when I flew it in the very same place on two different dates, couples of days apart when I've tested the cheap strobe mod. Who knows why, but if it wants and demands it, i'll do it. Like Old Man Mavic explained, I just remembered that we have light power cables underneath and in the evenings when lights are on, electromagnetism might interfere.

Very nice video, especially the combined movements going up and slowly gimble down, left and rotation. Great control of the drone.
I agree. As I watched, I was thinking that it was some deft control work to move the camera/gimbal up, at just the right speed, as the Mini went down to go under that final tree. Well done, indeed!

Reactions: Piranha
Very nice little movie. As it's so gently shot I would prefer to soften the cuts between clips a bit with a very short cross-dissolve, hardly noticeable, but softer. Also I'd leave out the urban bits.
Sounds like I'm being hyper critical, but I really like it...

eish, eish, eish my china, always criticizing hey bud.. :) just joking... I like the urban bits though - but we all have different preferences.

Keep Well & Greetings from Bulgaria...

Reactions: Piranha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard