DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s The beauty of McConnell's Mill 10-22-21

This was my family’s mill. Before it ever became a state park, my grandfather, Malcolm McConnell, and I would go out and visit Mose the caretaker. The McConnell and the Hartman families were both in New Castle nearby. Mose was born into slavery but his family moved north after the civil war. He lived at the mill unil his death in the mid 50’s. I met Mose when I was 5 and he was then about 100 years old in 1950. The families owning the mill promised Mose he could live in the owners house for all his days. The mill ceased operations in the late 1920’s I believe.
Thanks for the beautiful video and the trip down memory lane.

This was my family’s mill. Before it ever became a state park, my grandfather, Malcolm McConnell, and I would go out and visit Mose the caretaker. The McConnell and the Hartman families were both in New Castle nearby. Mose was born into slavery but his family moved north after the civil war. He lived at the mill unil his death in the mid 50’s. I met Mose when I was 5 and he was then about 100 years old in 1950. The families owning the mill promised Mose he could live in the owners house for all his days. The mill ceased operations in the late 1920’s I believe.

Wow, that is incredible! It is one of my favorite local spots to visit. It's such a beautiful Park!

Reactions: Droniac
What a nice surprise ...thanks for some background.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman