DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Best Mavic 2 Backpack

Reactions
Hello,

Sorry for my bad Englisch [emoji4]

I've tried a few bags so far, but none was good. Most people buy the pgytech bag or fly more combo bag. Maybe they go out on a hard suitcase. They are all very good, but .. They all have a problem. It cannot be varied and there is no spare space.

Do you think you buy another battery? No extra space. Where are you doing?

Do you think you're buying another Landing Pad? No extra space. Where are you doing?

Do you think you want to control the drone with a tablet or iPad? No extra space. Where are you doing?

Do you want to go hiking comfortably and do not climb a hard hard suitcase?

I also made the mistake of buying all of the above bags.
But now I found the comfortable and perfect bag. It comes with a drone, tablet, battery, plus battery, all supplies and even a variety of options. There is room for a little drink, [emoji3047]a sweater, anything to pack. Easy and safe.[emoji106]

I've never understood the anail/'Im a hardcore photographer' hard shell foam cases some people use.
Like a car in a carpark ;) is going to run over it.

I think my point is, your so much likelier to damage it in flight than carrying it (Gimbal holder on)
I wrap mine in a T-shirt and put it in my backpack

Reactions: Hungarian Eagle
I don't think there is a "Best" backpack. Some want it to be as small as possible, some want to carry much more than just their drone.

I split the difference with the Lowepro Slingshot 250. Drone, controller, four batteries, Mavmount, 9.7" Ipad, harness, hood, case of NDs. extra cords, gloves and a water bottle pocket. It is small, comfortable, and secure without looking like a camera bag. I try to keep a low profile and have not taken to hard cases.

Reactions: Wille
I thought you meant specialized bikes, lol. Nice tho
Unless you fly out of the back of your ute, that backpack is Nice i think.
Last thing you want travelling are more 'samsonite' bags to lug

Reactions: Smalls
$150 for a milsurp design tote bag? Nah.

It is up to everyone to decide what is good for him. If you buy a hard suitcase cheaply and want to do tours in 40 degrees Celsius, do it. If you carry all the other stuff in your hand or in another bag, then he must know why this is good. I am rather a supporter of being small but variable, comfortable and easy.

If someone sees the money only, it is unnecessary to say anything.

I use a Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L for my Mavic 2 Pro and it works perfectly. I also have the 5L version which is absolutely perfect for my Mavic Air or original Mavic Pro. The 10L even has room for the smart controller and full fly more combo - if you just have the regular controller, there is tons of extra room. It has the best designed dividers I've seen. I don't think there's a smaller or better designed bag out there if you're looking for minimal size and maximum usable space. I will bet that the person above sh*tting on that bag has never even seen one let alone used one.

If you want a backpack instead of a sling, the Lowepro Droneguard BP250 is probably the best I've seen and is very reasonably priced, but it is much bigger and a completely different style of product than the Peak Design slings.

Hungarian Eagle, posted:
If someone sees the money only, it is unnecessary to say anything

So what you imply is if I think an item being discussed is overpriced, I shouldn't say anything? I'm pretty sure that's not what you meant to say and I apologize for not giving you the benefit of the doubt right up front. What I'm not so sure of is if you'll understand sarcasm.

In case any of you is interested I got this Smatree backpack a few weeks ago and I tell you that I am impressed with the quality and very happy with it. It is comfortable and compact. It is what I have selected for traveling, it gives me a combination of what I need, easy to transport, hard shell and I manage to fit my smart controller. It is not as hard as a hard case like the ones from Pelikan or DJI but it is a hard shell not soft as you would expect in a backpack. They had this model for Mavic 2 but with no space for smart controller. It has a space for GoPro hero camera. Looking into size of GoPro and SC I figure out it would fit. I took the risk and for me it work wonders. I am very happy with what I accomplish.

I had to remove the hard protective foam on the GoPro compartment and replace it with customizable magic foam. Wish I could have find a hard foam which could be customizable. If anyone know how to search in Amazon or somewhere else, please let me know.

This is what I accomplished with the customizable magic foam to fit the SC in the compartment that previously was for GoPro:

smatree-2lowres-jpg.64218

I even manage to have a space for my filters and some other accessories.

So the screen or display would not get scratch I have added a hard glass protector shield and I anyway cover it with a cleaning cloth before closing the compartment zipper:

smatree-1lowres-jpg.64219

I even added my filters and other accessories.

This and image of the original product and a link to it:

smatree-backpack-mavic-2-and-gopro-jpg.64220

https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Backpack-Compatible-Mavic-GoPro/dp/B07D49PGH5

The good news is that I can still fit the original controller in the place for it on the main compartment so I can carry both, or just drop some other type of accessories in that space.

I wish Smatree would consider doing the foam formed for the SC using the proper hard foam for the extra protection.

The customizable foam I used is the following:
https://www.amazon.com/Customizable...SM5Q87RC6T5&psc=1&refRID=KZ4E8K5MBSM5Q87RC6T5

If some knows how to find the hard foam please let me know.

I’m currently using one of the Peak Design backpacks. The Fly More man-bag fits in the bottom no probs (once you remove all of their excellent dividers!) and all the rest of my clobber in the top section. Including iPad Pro etc. And there is room for a laptop (up to 15”) if you need one.

I have one of their messenger bags as well, but that’s got my DSLR in it.

I am not angry with the criticism and there is no anger in me if someone else prefers. :)
As every drone knows, the laws are not helping our work.
In many countries where I go there are no normal rules. :mad:
Where they are there, they are back regulated. Unfortunately, in many cases it makes you want to fly with an honest drone to use your machine illegally.
That's why it was important for me to choose the bag:
Don't be the first to identify a drone bag and have a drone in it.
- the smaller,
- Variable,
- comfortable for hiking
- adequate protection,
- also practical for cycling
- do not have a heavy suitcase,

Based on these, Smatree and Peak Design have been left with me.
Due to its multiple applicability and lifetime warranty, Peak Design has won. Thumbswayup

Reactions: RogerMav
I use a Peak Design Everyday Sling 10L for my Mavic 2 Pro and it works perfectly. I also have the 5L version which is absolutely perfect for my Mavic Air or original Mavic Pro. The 10L even has room for the smart controller and full fly more combo - if you just have the regular controller, there is tons of extra room. It has the best designed dividers I've seen. I don't think there's a smaller or better designed bag out there if you're looking for minimal size and maximum usable space. I will bet that the person above sh*tting on that bag has never even seen one let alone used one.

If you want a backpack instead of a sling, the Lowepro Droneguard BP250 is probably the best I've seen and is very reasonably priced, but it is much bigger and a completely different style of product than the Peak Design slings.
Hey...could you take a video or some photos of how the drone,controller, and extra battery (if you have it) fit in the sling 10l. I wanna know if theres space for a lens or two for my mirrorless camera

Hey...could you take a video or some photos of how the drone,controller, and extra battery (if you have it) fit in the sling 10l. I wanna know if theres space for a lens or two for my mirrorless camera

I ended up selling the 10L (still have the 5L). As much as I love the 10L, found I just was using the BP250 more often. I am also a bag wh0re and have way too many camera bags and drone bags haha.

I have the smart controller, and there is no way you are getting much else in there along with the drone. With the normal controller, and if you stored the drone vertically, you would have one free "cylinder" of storage space in the 10L, so it would depend on the size of the lens(es). With the stackable dividers in the 10L you could get 2 small primes or 2 small wide angle zooms in there. Also, it would depend on where you wanted to store the batteries, as they do fit in the exterior compartments but they are more exposed there. Same deal if you wanted to bring along the charging block, charging hub, etc.

The only hike I've taken the Zoom on was about 3-4 miles and I used the Fly-More kit bag. I got the Zoom in with battery on board, two spare batteries, spare props, Smart Controller and lanyard and filters. Then I packed that rather condensed outfit into my hiking daypack, an Osprey pack with pile jacket, mittens, extra mittens, hat and rain/snow gear, water and food.

The only hike I've taken the Zoom on was about 3-4 miles and I used the Fly-More kit bag. I got the Zoom in with battery on board, two spare batteries, spare props, Smart Controller and lanyard and filters. Then I packed that rather condensed outfit into my hiking daypack, an Osprey pack with pile jacket, mittens, extra mittens, hat and rain/snow gear, water and food.

This is what I would suggest. I've been looking for a dedicated backpack that would store my drone with remote, four batteries and all the other extras, but in the end I simply packed what would fit in the Fly More bag and then put that bag along with the other extras in a regular backpack. As you say, there's then room for extra clothes, water, snacks, or what you need for your trip.

Another bonus I'd like to mention with this is that it doesn't scream 'hey I have very expensive hardware here!' like most dedicated bags and backpacks tend to do. Some places I pass through on my way to good photo locations it isn't very smart to openly carry something that valuable. An old worn backpack won't draw that kind of attention.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot