DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Crooked Spire...

Hi, I've got a few bits about the Model - mainly land-based pictures but I will try to get onto the old pit site in the near future to take a few aerial shots.

One (aerial) bit of info about Creswell that may be of interest . . .

I was brought up on Bakestone Moor, which overlooks the valley that Creswell lies in and Mum and Dad told me that during WW2 they frequently saw Lancaster bombers flying very low over Creswell. A few months afterwards the news came out of the dams raids, and eventually that Derwent and Howden reservoirs had been used as practice locations for that raid - so one of the routes up to those locations had obviously been via Creswell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ktm250 and PastyBoy
HI Pastyboy I called had a run over to Cresswell for you here is a full 360' view....

Hangar 360 Photo
Hi Ktm250, I've tried to look at your 360 degree panorama of Creswell but all that happens is the little Wheel" of dashes keeps going round - any suggestions as to how I can get to view it?

. . . . or doesn't Creswell want me to view its picture 'cos I sometimes make cheeky remarks to some of my Elmton & Creswell Local History Group members ;)

Hi Whitwellian give it a little bit of time to upload its a big old file....

Hi, I've got a few bits about the Model - mainly land-based pictures but I will try to get onto the old pit site in the near future to take a few aerial shots.

One (aerial) bit of info about Creswell that may be of interest . . .

I was brought up on Bakestone Moor, which overlooks the valley that Creswell lies in and Mum and dad told me that during WW2 they frequently saw Lancaster bombers flying very low over Creswell. A few months afterwards the news came out of the dams raids, and eventually that Derwent and Howden reservoirs had been used as practice locations for that raid - so one of the routes up to those locations had obviously been via Creswell.
HI Pastyboy I had a run over to Creswell for you here is a full 360' view....

Hangar 360 Photo

Thanks Guys, very much appreciate your replies. Interesting about those Lanc runs Whitwellian, we used to go to Lady Bower a lot too when younger, I still tell people here in the USA about the Dam raids... amazing on all counts. Go easy on the Elmton and Creswell folks ;) My parents were married in Elmton.

KTM that image is great, if you do not mind I shall pass the link on to my parents who will be able to spot places better than myself. Really appreciate you doing that thanks.

Reactions: Ktm250
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart