DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 The Cross On The Hill

Nice video. When doing a 360 pan, go slower. When moving too fast, the viewer doesn't really get to see much (other than a blur) and may even get a bit dizzy :)

Keep up the good work. Practice makes perfect.

Reactions: 4006448
@FlushVision try adjusting the EXPO and Gain settings ,you can then get some really smooth video ,you can set different speeds for all the drones movements in Cine, normal, and sport to suit your requirements

Reactions: 4006448
I never get tired of looking at England's countryside! Nothing else like it! I really liked your opening 'reveal'.... slowly rising then .... TA DAH !!! .... your subject matter (the cross). I'm curious, what is the 'large city' way off in the hazy distance at beginning of video. London? or...??? Thanks for sharing. South Orange County, California (Midway between L.A. and San Diego) just doesn't have that type of countryside. Thanks Again!

Reactions: FlushVision
I never get tired of looking at England's countryside! Nothing else like it! I really liked your opening 'reveal'.... slowly rising then .... TA DAH !!! .... your subject matter (the cross). I'm curious, what is the 'large city' way off in the hazy distance at beginning of video. London? or...??? Thanks for sharing. South Orange County, California (Midway between L.A. and San Diego) just doesn't have that type of countryside. Thanks Again!
Manchester. The city centre is 9.73 miles away from the area I flew as the crow flies.
see the screen shot of google earth...

Last edited:
Nice video. When doing a 360 pan, go slower. When moving too fast, the viewer doesn't really get to see much (other than a blur) and may even get a bit dizzy :)

Keep up the good work. Practice makes perfect.
I'm used to the rotating gimbal on the Typhoon H480 where you simply turn a knob on the controller that makes the gimbal rotate instead of the aircraft. This sets a nice constant rotation as fast or as slow as you like. I'll have to get used to rotating the aircraft now.

@FlushVision try adjusting the EXPO and Gain settings ,you can then get some really smooth video ,you can set different speeds for all the drones movements in Cine, normal, and sport to suit your requirements
shot close to mid-day I actually couldn't see much on my screen because the sun was wiping it out so maybe that was making the video a bit clumsy, not an excuse though, just suggesting a reason.

@FlushVision not criticizing your flying skills in any way ,just trying to give you some info on the new settings that have recently become available in the fly app for the mini 3

@FlushVision not criticizing your flying skills in any way ,just trying to give you some info on the new settings that have recently become available in the fly app for the mini 3
I didn't see it as criticism. At 67 years old I know that my hands aren't as steady as they once were, so EXPO and Gain settings I agree is probably the way to go.

I've driven down between L.A. and San Diego while on holiday in the states in the late 1990's and, as I recall, I tend to agree with you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d