DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The dreaded RC not connected

enigmatic

Reactions
Bought second hand Mini 1 off ebay and have been unable to connect RC to either a brand new Galaxy A7 lite tablet or my 1st gen Galaxy fold phone. I know people have successfully used the Mini with both, especially the tablet

Drone was supplied with a Amazon Basics USB micro USB-C cable in place of the original which I suspected was the culprit, but I've now bought two aftermarket cables which supposedly work with the Mavic mini one of which claimed to be genuine DJI (not convinced it is) and had no more luck. Also bought another second hand controller (no joy), and of course tried various software based stuff (firmware on RC is latest version and works fine with Assistant using any of the cables, I've set USB debugging on my phone)

Drone actually flies nicely, it's just I'm restricted to 50m range, have no visibility of the pictures I'm taking and they're at an angle because I can't calibrate the drone...

Are there any known issues with Android 13 or other tricks I haven't tried yet? Or should I stick it back on eBay and get a Parrot Anafi instead?! :confused:

Drone was supplied with a Amazon Basics USB micro USB-C cable in place of the original which I suspected was the culprit, but I've now bought two aftermarket cables which supposedly work with the Mavic mini one of which claimed to be genuine DJI (not convinced it is) and had no more luck.
There's nothing special about DJI cables.
Any aftermarket cable should work as long as it's for data (not just charging as a few are).
Are there any known issues with Android 13 or other tricks I haven't tried yet?
For Android 13, you'll need the latest version of DJI Fly, which you can download from DJI.
Try these tips to properly configure your tablet to run properly:

Thanks for the suggestions. I do have the latest DJI Fly downloaded from DJI's website, but still struggling to get it to recognise the RC, or my tablet to do anything other than try to charge it.

If I've got two replacement aftermarket cables both marketed as drone solutions that don't transfer data I must be very unlucky

But other than that I can't really see where the issue is (two defective controllers would be even less likely!)

Presumably I'm not the only one trying to use the Galaxy A7 lite with Android 13

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121