DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 The Gorge, River Coe, Glencoe

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Every once in a while we get an opportunity, to explore something new, to do something different, or to go somewhere new and untouched, for a drone flyer the River Coe Gorge in Glencoe is one of those places...

The river cascades down into Glencoe from high above, most people only see it on either side of the tight space of the mountain pass - apart that is from the popular 'Meeting of 3 waters' waterfall just off the A82 road, with its busy parking spot for visitors to stop, gawk and photograph themselves with the falls...

Yet, just beneath the car park the road passes through a tight gorge, with the river running to one side and below it. On a past trip to Glencoe, I spotted the river gorge and I thought to myself that it would be good to explore it by drone - but at that time I didn't have anything suitable or capable of getting in close, so I had to content myself with a higher level view, away from the obstacles and also from the beauty within the gorge itself.

This time we came prepared, with our AVATA and a fair bit of practice under my belt I was ready to explore the gorge - whether I would be successful, or even get the drone back was open for debate - to lose signal in such a tight space with trees above would perhaps have spelled disaster, but faint heart never won the day! So with heart in mouth and a well-prepared and positioned spotter - thanks hubby - I sent it out to try and capture the River Coe gorge from near the waterfall; to my amazement, the view was even more awesome than I could ever have anticipated and the footage perhaps some of my best yet captured...

The footage is all run at normal speed and frame rate - 60fps - apart from the trip back up the Gorge, which is run at 50% - and the main waterfall at 25% speed...

Anyhows, I hope you enjoy exploring the River Coe Gorge with me via our AVATA...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Awesome! Loved it

Every once in a while we get an opportunity, to explore something new, to do something different, or to go somewhere new and untouched, for a drone flyer the River Coe Gorge in Glencoe is one of those places...

The river cascades down into Glencoe from high above, most people only see it on either side of the tight space of the mountain pass - apart that is from the popular 'Meeting of 3 waters' waterfall just off the A82 road, with its busy parking spot for visitors to stop, gawk and photograph themselves with the falls...

Yet, just beneath the car park the road passes through a tight gorge, with the river running to one side and below it. On a past trip to Glencoe, I spotted the river gorge and I thought to myself that it would be good to explore it by drone - but at that time I didn't have anything suitable or capable of getting in close, so I had to content myself with a higher level view, away from the obstacles and also from the beauty within the gorge itself.

This time we came prepared, with our AVATA and a fair bit of practice under my belt I was ready to explore the gorge - whether I would be successful, or even get the drone back was open for debate - to lose signal in such a tight space with trees above would perhaps have spelled disaster, but faint heart never won the day! So with heart in mouth and a well-prepared and positioned spotter - thanks hubby - I sent it out to try and capture the River Coe gorge from near the waterfall; to my amazement, the view was even more awesome than I could ever have anticipated and the footage perhaps some of my best yet captured...

The footage is all run at normal speed and frame rate - 60fps - apart from the trip back up the Gorge, which is run at 50% - and the main waterfall at 25% speed...

Anyhows, I hope you enjoy exploring the River Coe Gorge with me via our AVATA...

Great looking spot and great footage !

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
How do you find these places, guide books or ..................... ?
This spot I found when flying Glencoe with my MINI3 Pro 2 years ago, and I thought it would be a great FPV spot... Most places are either knowledge from previous photographic sites, or searching google and using google earth to seek out places, and some is just good old fashioned opportunity, see something, stop and capture it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Great looking spot and great footage !
Thank you kindly...

Nicely done!
Thank you...

Absolutely stunning, am always amazed at the signal strength when you fly such areas!
Thanks.... I was nervous about losing signal, so glanced at the bars every second or so - it was a one-shot flight down the gorge and back, in a small window between rain, so no time for an exploratory flight to check line, it was a case of send it and see... The connection was really good though, I was standing higher up at the end of the gorge on the viewpoint, which may have helped channel the signal down the gorge...

Great Video. Loved it.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Your video is not 4K, not good quality.

Hmm, it is uploaded in 4K on Youtube, and is showing as such on my computer, have you got a good internet signal and have you set your Quality setting to 4K? Other than that I don't now why you aren't seeing it in 4k like I am...

1719502716276.png

Your video is not 4K, not good quality.
You need to change the video quality in YOUR settings. It is in 4k. Here's how,

Very, very interesting. I watched the entire video and wished I could do something remotely like your video.
Thank you... tbh with the right kit and a similar location anyone could do the same as I did, I don't have any specific amazing skills, just a steady hand and nerves - and a fair few hours of experience with my AVATA so I am able to trust my instincts and control ability...

Give it a go, you may surprise yourself - although do take time to plan and feel confident in what you are doing...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ffolliet